Ram IC's

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edj1963

:roll: heh....50 lbs of ram sounded like as good idea at the time. :lol:

As I trudge my way through this ram removing the fingers, the IC's, and then tearing up the PCB I wonder about a few things, any one ever send their IC's to the refinery for processing?....how about the PCB? I know there are values there but what volume is "normally" sent for refining?

Thanks

Refiners charge so much per pound to process your material as a separate lot. I would guess that this is about $2.50/pound. For 50#, this would be $125. But, most refineries have a minimum lot charge. Things change but this minimum charge used to average from $200-$250, for most electronic materials. There are also other lesser charges involved - gold refining charges, etc. Each refinery is a little different. You can see from this that you have to have quite a bit in order to come out ahead. All of this, of course, assumes that the refiner is honest.

Well I have seen makeshift hammer mills around here, i guess i can store the PCB and crush/process the IC's....of course there is always "the greater fool"

ever process ic's?

Back