gold leaf

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

I have purchased 5oz. of 18kt. lemmon gold leaf, I am in need of information. If anyone can help I would appricate it. 1. I took this to a jewler who also refines and was told it would only refine to about 1-2 grams of pure gold. Is this true? 2. If not true who is a reputable refiner in the midwest that can be trusted.

If what you have is, indeed, 18 K gold leaf, your jeweler is either dishonest or uneducated. If, however, it is the color of 18 K gold leaf, and made of other materials, he may be right.

Assuming the gold leaf is as described, it should be 75% gold, and all of it would be easy to recover. Gold leaf, above all else, dissolves readily because it is so thin.

Regards a reputable refiner that I might recommend-----I'm not convinced one exists. My experience with even major refineries leaves a great deal to be desired. In my opinion, you'd be better served to refine the material on your own, and sell the pure gold to the same jeweler that you consulted.

Harold

Back