airequipt 430 slide projector

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

markk

Is there anything inside this projector that is re-sellable ? I thought that there were some parts of these that were good , maybe a chip ? How about the lenses , is there anyway to recycle them ?
thanks

If i remember correctly, geo mentioned that optical lenses are made out of fluorspar (fluorite, calcium fluoride) and they can be crushed down into powder and used in smelting flux to make the flux more fluid.

Other than that, I know not of the item itself.
Sorry

Topher_osAUrus said:
If i remember correctly, geo mentioned that optical lenses are made out of fluorspar (fluorite, calcium fluoride) and they can be crushed down into powder and used in smelting flux to make the flux more fluid.

Other than that, I know not of the item itself.
Sorry

Though I could be wrong the fluorite, calcium fluoride is more then likely just a "coating" on the lens & not a lens "made" out of fluorite, calcium fluoride

Kurt

I was hoping maybe they had a re use for some other optical purpose. Shame to toss out a good lens. Might put it in my hobbiest box and maybe someone will want it someday. I keep all them gears and tiny screws and motors...... from stuff and then I'll put it up on craigs list for a few dollars . Always a hobbiest out there that can use something to build with.
I read one time that projectors had a chip in them that was of value but not sure what it was.

Back