Gold from 8 pin modular plugs?

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SLKInf

I have come across 150lbs of 8 pin modular plugs which the military is auctioning off during a regular scrap sale. I just received the list of scrap and saw the plugs and got to wondering if anyone has processed these for copper or gold?

Like I said, I just received the email, and it is in the US while i am in Europe, but I emailed them to see if they know what type of plating they have, some photos etc.

Anyone have any experience processing these?

If you are unlucky the plating is only on the edge, not on the sides of the metal sheet.

I think there are a couple of threads on the forum regarding modular plugs but I don't think I have seen any yield numbers. This is the type of scrap that you would like to make an assay on before bidding, it could be that the gold is worth less than the brass.

Göran

The government used to keep track of what all the precious metals were worth in their equipment. I don't know if that is still true.

http://www.recyclingsecrets.com/recycling-downloads/precious-metals/dod-Chap11.pdf

Back