Need Tips On What To Grab

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seanengman

It has been forever since I have researched this and I recently picked up a recycling contract for a thrift store. Basically I'm buying computers and electronics by the pound.

1) What is a good price per pound for complete electronics?
2) Are printers and monitors of any value?
3) What are things to avoid/look for?
4) Are all motherboards valuable or only certain types?

My plan is to take everything apart and separate into respective boxes to sell; such as ram, CPUs, MoBos, heat sinks, and whatever else. The issue is that I will probably be getting a lot of other electronics as well which may hold little to no value.

Thank you,

Sean

A thrift store? Like Salvation Army? I wouldn't pay anything for the stuff. They will also have quite a bit of CRT scrap for you that you should refuse. Concentrate on NOT paying for scrap unless it's been taken apart. Military spec. and telecom scrap would be a different story.

Okay, that actually helps a lot. This is actually a thrift store that seems to get in a lot of telecom stuff. Washington has this cool e-waste program. My idea was to scrap and take advantage of the free e-waste disposal to get rid of unwanted stuff.

Back