Connector body's

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slochteren

Hi,

anyone seen these before? I can buy them, only info i have is this picture, on the tape on the box is "Radio system"printed, are these gold plated or just copper?

Thanks Paul

Attachments

• connector.jpg
    connector.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 266
My vote is for brass or "copper alloy."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brass

Note Wikipedia's "In contrast, bronze is an alloy of copper and tin.[2] Both bronze and brass may include small proportions of a range of other elements including arsenic, lead, phosphorus, aluminium, manganese, and silicon. The distinction is largely historical.[3] Modern practice in museums and archaeology increasingly avoids both terms for historical objects in favour of the all-embracing "copper alloy"."[4]

James

Since there is no way to scale them for size, if I opened a box and seen that color, I'd have said gold plated right away.

I've seen waveguide castings both in brass and gold plated brass. It depends upon the application.

anachronism said:
I've seen waveguide castings both in brass and gold plated brass. It depends upon the application.

Exactly as he said.

The color is so close too, that testing is necessary, at least for my eyes.

Even if it is gold plated, the surface is so small compared to the weight that I think the brass would be more valuable than the gold.

Göran

g_axelsson said:
Even if it is gold plated, the surface is so small compared to the weight that I think the brass would be more valuable than the gold.

Göran

Not in military or enterprise telecoms applications Goran. It's obscenely thick. Normal stuff I'd agree with but not with those applications.

anachronism said:
g_axelsson said:

Göran

Not in military or enterprise telecoms applications Goran. It's obscenely thick. Normal stuff I'd agree with but not with those applications.

anachronism

Your right!!

There wave-guide couplings for analog microwave systems.I happen to be tearing down some at work.They are some with gold plating over brass and some with red brass.Thanks in advance.

modtheworld44

Back