2G 3G Mobile basestation RF boards

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Muhkel

Hello! I dont know how much gold there might be and how to get it? Is it worth the effort to get it out or just sell the boards ( have 50 of these ).

Attachments

• 2G board.jpg
    2G board.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 330
The large areas of Gold you see on those boards are a very thin 'flash' plating, I believe those two components on the left bottom actually have fairly decent Gold plating thickness. Overall they are nice high quality boards, but probably a lot easier to get your $$ by selling them rather than process yourself.

The two components on the bottom right of the board and the two to the left are very heavily plated and I think they are telecom boards so the chips may well have values as well.

I don't know, I'd be happy to have a consistent source of them at "thin gold flash telecom" rates of $5.15/lb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:lol: I still remember how much money I wasted buying these boards when I was just starting out, saw them at the junk yard and my eyes lit up. I ended up paying NZ$25/kg. Only thing I got out of them was a lot of AP waste :lol:

kernels said:
:lol: I still remember how much money I wasted buying these boards when I was just starting out, saw them at the junk yard and my eyes lit up. I ended up paying NZ$25/kg. Only thing I got out of them was a lot of AP waste :lol:

That's because most of the gold isn't in that flash plating. It's like a magician's illusion - eyes are drawn one way when the real value is elsewhere. 8)

anachronism said:
kernels said:

That's because most of the gold isn't in that flash plating. It's like a magician's illusion - eyes are drawn one way when the real value is elsewhere. 8)

It's funny how many times you've posted this statement but people still rag on these boards.

Back