2G 3G Mobile basestation RF boards

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Muhkel

Hello! I dont know how much gold there might be and how to get it? Is it worth the effort to get it out or just sell the boards ( have 50 of these ).

Attachments

• 2G board.jpg
    2G board.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 330
The large areas of Gold you see on those boards are a very thin 'flash' plating, I believe those two components on the left bottom actually have fairly decent Gold plating thickness. Overall they are nice high quality boards, but probably a lot easier to get your $$ by selling them rather than process yourself.

The two components on the bottom right of the board and the two to the left are very heavily plated and I think they are telecom boards so the chips may well have values as well.

I don't know, I'd be happy to have a consistent source of them at "thin gold flash telecom" rates of $5.15/lb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:lol: I still remember how much money I wasted buying these boards when I was just starting out, saw them at the junk yard and my eyes lit up. I ended up paying NZ$25/kg. Only thing I got out of them was a lot of AP waste :lol:

kernels said:
:lol: I still remember how much money I wasted buying these boards when I was just starting out, saw them at the junk yard and my eyes lit up. I ended up paying NZ$25/kg. Only thing I got out of them was a lot of AP waste :lol:

That's because most of the gold isn't in that flash plating. It's like a magician's illusion - eyes are drawn one way when the real value is elsewhere. 8)

anachronism said:
kernels said:

That's because most of the gold isn't in that flash plating. It's like a magician's illusion - eyes are drawn one way when the real value is elsewhere. 8)

It's funny how many times you've posted this statement but people still rag on these boards.

Latest posts

Back