PM Identification

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Topekole

Hello Guys, this is an old board, old land line telephone stuff, I know that back chips are worth harvesting for gold, but what about the these yellow stuff? What are they? Are they worth harvesting? And please can you recognize any other PM in the board?

Attachments

• IMG_20181212_144811_045.jpg
    IMG_20181212_144811_045.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 391
  • IMG_20181212_133006.jpg
    IMG_20181212_133006.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 391
  • IMG_20181212_133001.jpg
    IMG_20181212_133001.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 391
The 2 red components in the 2nd and 3rd pics. are gold bearing switchs, the brown looking components with the clear plastic case I believe are relays and contain silver and sometimes gold.

Lino1406 said:
Yellow - capacitors, no gold. Black - Ic's - only marked with gold triangle contain gold
Are all black ic chips marked with a gold triangle.. "Universal"?

Omron relays and DIP switch should contain Ag and perhaps Au and PGM's.

Sorry, I am re-phrasing myself:
When an Ic contains gold, it mostly will be marked with gold sign (as far as I know)
The least of marking is shown below (sorry again, not a triangle)

Attachments

• gold ic.jpg
    gold ic.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 303
Lino1406 said:
When an Ic contains gold, it mostly will be marked with gold sign (as far as I know)

That applies to a particular type Lino. There's squillions that also have gold in but no marking. 8)

Jon

anachronism said:
Lino1406 said:

That applies to a particular type Lino. There's squillions that also have gold in but no marking. 8)

Jon

Does the colour of the text on "black" IC give a hint of gold amount? White text ĺow quality ic and gold text high quality ic? Think I have heard someone say so but I have no confirmation on it.

There are almost unlimited types of IC's (some are boards by itself) and most of them (all!?) contain gold but there are, especially on older boards, a lot of different other packages in different sizes which look like an IC and there is most of the time no way to distinguish them by markings or the likes.

Syn said:
There are almost unlimited types of IC's (some are boards by itself) and most of them (all!?) contain gold

I've seen a lot that contain no gold at all - bond wires are aluminium, no braze, no plating no nothing :/

The blue one and orenge one( with many legs...but only one row) is an resistor array(the one who have the RG beside them)...it contains Ag-Pd ...as a side for the relays(Omnron used for this type Ag/Ni/O....mainly 90/5/5.....so).

Back