Tektronix Goldwire Fuzzies ?

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldgoldman

Greetings all. Read through posts last night but couldn’t find any definitive information on % of Au on old Tektronix fuzzies. See picture below. Appreciate any information.

RegardsE8A75C4C-2919-414B-9CCE-9ED644661810.jpegE6DF2E29-E409-45E6-B0B1-03BFEDF90571.jpeg

They have definitely been mentioned in a few threads, I think they were called fuzz buttons or fuzz connectors.

Either way, they are rubbish, send them to me for disposal :D

From memory the yields were excellent, I'm sure someone will be along soon with a bit more detail.

Hi !

Thanks for the information. Okay .. I'll finish pulling the rest with the tweezers and we'll see if someone wants to run them so we have numbers for the forum.

Regards,

Hi Jimdoc. No secrets here. I know one of the units was a TDS 744A .. not sure about the other.

Here is the final fuzzie pile and some Tek chips from one of the units.

Sounds like the secret is how much gold is in them !!!????!!!

OGM4B236496-ED8D-4298-BF8A-59F260ED7FCC.jpeg

:arrow: http://goldrefiningforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=27788#p293329

:arrow: http://goldrefiningforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=16018&p=206095&hilit=fuzz#p161427

Hi, these pinless CPU connectors are called Fuzz Button connectors and yes as Glondor said their yield is very high , base metal can be Beryllium copper or Molybdenum, look for Custom Interconnect Fuzz Button Connectors and Cinch's Cin::Apse website for more information. I refined a batch of 350 grams (whole connectors,75-80 gms pins approximately ) got about 28 gram fines.

I get lots of servers and the spacers with the fuzz wires are the best yielding things I ever did. There are a lot of variations and types of those fuzz wires over the years. Some have more connections than others,but the larger sparc IV processor fuzzes gave me the best yields. .65 grams of contacts (each one) yielded .4 grams of gold. The last one I did had 16 processors in it. that gave over 6 grams just for the fuzz connectors.

Thanks Kurtak for pointing me to those threads. I think I only have like 2.5 grams of the loose fuzzies, so I'll put on the pile with the rest of the oddball stuff collecting dust in my basement.

Regards

Back