Vintage spark plugs

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kjavanb123

Hi everyone

I was offered a few samples of a 600-lb lot of really old spark plugs believed to be used on trucks.

Here are some photos, there is a brochure which I guess is in German, so if anyone can read please let me know.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Will be processing them soon.

Best regards
Kj

There are older plugs made with platinum. There are also spark plug collectors out there. I was surprised at what one that I found metal detecting would have been worth if it wasn't rusted so bad. Collectors like original boxes also.

You have a lot of veteran car owners that want those plugs if they are unused like the one at the picture. It is perhaps time to go spark plug dealer?

stella polaris said:
You have a lot of veteran car owners that want those plugs if they are unused like the one at the picture. It is perhaps time to go spark plug dealer?

This is a very good point indeed. Thanks Stella.

kjavanb123 said:
I am going to put few of them up in eBay.

Why not pack the car full and go to a veteran car meeting with market?
You could contact veteran car clubs and put an ad in veteran car periodica.

As i remember spark plugs from younger days. Those containing pm clearly stressed this fact on the packing and in ads. They were more expensive as well. Neither my first car, a volvo 145 or the second (VW) nor the third (amason) were ever equipped with such expensive things. But guys with tuned cars, driving rally and so, often said they had to have such to their super tuned engine with 150 hp.

Dissolved the pieces from one spark plug and here is what was left nitric dissolved base metals. Tiny beads in black color, which guessing should be in mg range which makes it uneconomical to proceed refining.

image.jpg

Do not be sad. Be happy. I think u are going to make quite a lot on the lot. If not send me a pm
It is a annual market for parts to veteran cars here in Oslo.

The one at the photo is German.Question is if West German or East German. If it is printed DDR on the box or instruction its East German. Point no 2 in the instruction is Russian witch points to a DDR product. No need to be bad for that.

Fell free to send me some pictures and i will see if i recognise the brands. ( if not just one brand.)

I believe Zundkerze means literally Spark Plug in German Isolator plugs are primarily used for 2 stroke engines Mainly motorcycles imo

Back