Ceramic hybrid circuits

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shmandi

Does anyone have experience/yields refining ceramic hybrid circuits as in photo?
Conductive traces should be made of silver palladium paste.

Attachments

• DSCN2020.jpg
    DSCN2020.jpg
    447.9 KB · Views: 303
It must be the season for these. Another member just sent me some depopulated ones to xrf

I don't see anything particularly exciting there, unless there is some hidden Gold in the substrate or tracks ?!? my guess is 0.1g to 0.2g per kg of raw boards.

0.1 to 0.2 grams of what? Probably you mean gold in ICs.
I am wondering about silver and palladium content.
DuPont makes this kind of material, but they don't mention how much silver and palladium is there.
https://www.dupont.com/content/dam/dupont/amer/us/en/products/ei-transformation/documents/7484R.pdf

On depopulated boards there's some Pd showing in certain areas- along with silver and a lot of lead. When I say some Pd I mean readings of 4-6% so that could imply it's in the solder or in a substrate. Lead content was in the region of 46%

I wouldn't count on those numbers to make any assessments however there's enough to say that yes it exists there. This was an XRF reading but I'm confident enough of the reading to confirm Pd presence albeit low.

There's no Platinum or Gold.

Point of note. There were no components on the boards I had, they were stripped cards so I cannot confirm anything for the components.

Jon

Thanks for report.
Do you get Pb readings only on solder pads or also on traces where there is no solder near?

shmandi said:
Thanks for report.
Do you get Pb readings only on solder pads or also on traces where there is no solder near?

I didn't go into that much detail to be honest I just took multiple readings.

Back