Handsets

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jmk88

Dear All,

I have next to no knowledge of electronic scrap as it has never appealed due to the numbers and efficiency etc.

Has anyone ever come across these and are they worth taking apart?

Any help is highly appreciated.

Attachments

• C7FEB9AD-4B78-40F1-A996-3F90464B5801.jpeg
    C7FEB9AD-4B78-40F1-A996-3F90464B5801.jpeg
    886.8 KB · Views: 249
No values in the ones I've looked at. One very small PCB and all copper and Al. Might be something in a small flat pack chip, but does not look like it would be worth the hassle of getting it out. At work we just tossed a few hundred Mitel/ShoreTel phones sets last year. The PBX on the other hand did have some nice plated PCB's in them.

Thanks Rick.

Thought as much as I was basically offered them for nothing.

In any case, unless it’s obtained easily and in abundance I really can’t see the point in electronic scrap in the present day.

Unless it’s vintage which I haven’t come across for a long time except eBay and you could never make anything off there.

Very much appreciated stopped me wasting a 60 mile trip.

Thanks again Rick.

Some of the touch pad buttons have mylar with silver on them, pretty much like keyboards contain.

Steve

Well, I can tell you that some IP phones have very nice boards in them. I picked up about 6500 Cisco 7400 series phones. They have real nice boards in them, in fact, our board buyer pays me telecom prices on them. 3 phones make a pound of boards, takes about 70 seconds to take each one apart. Profit is there on Cisco at least.

Back