Help needed identifying older component

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bawaayce

Greetings all,

Long time reader (around 4 years), and first time poster.

I have come into some material which is outside of what I normally see, and in this material are a number of components I suspect are capacitors.

I have an electronics degree and did a bit of research but cannot positively ID these components. With that prefaced, some additional details:

These are on a processor board from a DEC system. As for manufacture era, I’m guessing from the early 80’s. Looks to be encapsulated in glass and resembles a zener diode.

I attached a pic for better reference:

Thanks for your help,

Ken...

Attachments

• 5E9F9C21-1BD4-4659-8395-07A534D242F3.jpeg
    5E9F9C21-1BD4-4659-8395-07A534D242F3.jpeg
    427.1 KB · Views: 223
FrugalRefiner said:
Yep. The Cxx on the board definitely indicates a capacitor.

Dave

I agree.
To confirm, remove one leg from the printed circuit board and measure across the body of the component with a capacitance meter.
Diodes have an orientation mark in the silkscreen layer, and I don't see any in the picture.

-- Thipdar

All,

Thanks for the confirmation.

For my first post, I was contemplating, as a joke, including a mix of texting slang, poor English, 3 or 4 ad links and a request for a detailed step-by-step process on how to recover gold from within my apartment kitchen lab using boiling Hg and a troop of Girl Scouts as assistants. I however deferred, understanding the seriousness of these topics and the possible negative impacts on one's health. Obviously, these types of shenanigans are better left for a second or third post.

Thanks again for the prompt replies,

Ken...

Back