Ceramic condensator

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theitalianhenchman

Good evening everyone,
I have some difficulties when I have to recognize ceramic capacitors. Are all of them the pieces coated with a blue/yellow/orange plastic-like stuff?
I'm asking because I've found this site: https://danau.bg/en/purchasing-of-electronic-scrap/ wich buy this capacitors at what seems a suspiciously big amount of money. :shock: They don't seems to buy mlcc tho.
Second question about mlcc..how is possible to understand wich are magnetic and wich not when they are still on the board? I collected about half a jar and then I try with an hard disk magnet and pretty much everyone of them were magnetic. :roll:
Thanks

Nothing suspicious about the price... It's e even a bit on the low side. These are coated MLCCs if remove the coating they look exactly as the condesators you are familiar with. The yield on these ones is form 2 to 5% Pd

Do not use hard drive magnet when test MLCC! Use a normal magnet from a loudspeaker or other. The reason is that nickel can be attracted to supermagnets.

I've learned that the hard way, throwing away almost 300 grams of mlcc. Luckily not all of them were from pre 1992. It's complicated because sometimes on the same board i've founded magnetic and non magnetic mlcc. To spare time now I collect only from pre 1996, the other I check an example if the board is good.

Back