Clean Al lawnmower engine cases

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Txbgdawg

Could anyone tell me please if melting these into ingots would be worth more money ?... And by melting. , would this be considered pure aluminum... And what would you do if you had 1000 lbs of motor cases ? Thanks for your help

Txbgdawg said:
Could anyone tell me please if melting these into ingots would be worth more money ?... And by melting. , would this be considered pure aluminum... And what would you do if you had 1000 lbs of motor cases ? Thanks for your help

Sell them as is, unless you get free fuel and don't value your time.

Jimdoc is right. 100 pounds I would just send out as scrap. If you can get 1000lbs a week or so, maybe. Big maybe. 10,000lbs a week I might have considered it 10 years ago.

PM containing lawnmower engines? :lol:

When [x] has a common recognizable form, it's best not do do anything to it. That way everyone knows what it is and what it's worth. Like a built-in assay.

Sell as is for cast aluminum price. Do NOT melt, complete waste of time. You want to make more money on cast aluminum? Save it up and wait for the price to go back up, it'll go up.

Back