How do I Even value this kind of lot?

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

River21

I have the ability to buy something like this... 100s of lbs...

Aren't the metal heat sinks just pure trash weight? - not to mention are most gold pins created somewhat equally? If these are the green fibers... with gold pins (for the most part) how do I go about valuing these for my own recovery?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-03-03 at 11.30.38 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-03-03 at 11.30.38 AM.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 269
you dont buy this if you want to make money.

Post your prices you pay and if they are good people will send you material.

Eric

River21 said:
I have the ability to buy something like this... 100s of lbs...

Aren't the metal heat sinks just pure trash weight? - not to mention are most gold pins created somewhat equally? If these are the green fibers... with gold pins (for the most part) how do I go about valuing these for my own recovery?

per the underlined -------

The heat sinks are nickel plated copper

They are the NO PIN CPUs --- Boardsort pays $5.25 per pound for them

They are NOT high yield --- they are LOW yield

even if they were the green fiber with pins they are only worth $15 per pound

AS Eric said you wont make money if you have to pay for them

Kurt

River21 said:
Even if I have a hook on a large quantity of various boards and chips?

Well let’s hope if you buy these the next lot will allow you to at least break even or make a profit :shock:

River21 said:

If it as overpriced as that first lot you'll just loose more money.

You should do some test runs on smaller lots. You don't need a lot of scrap to get a feeling for how much values there are in a sample. Just keep it small and minimize the losses along the road and you will get a result that you can use to evaluate a lot like that.

Here I analyze a single circuit board.
https://goldrefiningforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=23737

Göran

River21 said:

There are "all kinds" of sellers out there looking for buyers just like you

What do I mean by that - sellers that put WAY OVER PRICED product out there are looking for the buyer with gold fever that are willing to pay MORE then the product is worth

There is is a sucker born every minute & that is just what they are looking for - the suckers that are born every minute --- DON"T BE A SUCKER

a large quantity only means the seller is going to take more of your money & the money you (the buyer) looses is going to be greater

If I pay $10 for a pound of something worth $1 I loose $9

If I buy 100 pound of the same product for the same price I loose $900

Kurt

kurtak said:
River21 said:

There are "all kinds" of sellers out there looking for buyers just like you

What do I mean by that - sellers that put WAY OVER PRICED product out there are looking for the buyer with gold fever that are willing to pay MORE then the product is worth

There is is a sucker born every minute & that is just what they are looking for - the suckers that are born every minute --- DON"T BE A SUCKER

a large quantity only means the seller is going to take more of your money & the money you (the buyer) looses is going to be greater

If I pay $10 for a pound of something worth $1 I loose $9

If I buy 100 pound of the same product for the same price I loose $900

Kurt

So true in so many aspects in life not just gold. Take the bottled water industry for instance.

Back