Pentium TT 233

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stella polaris

Scrapped an old Compaq laptop. The processor was a Intel TT233, http://happytrees.org/chips/ic/Intel/TT80503233.

Not seen one before i took of the hard plastic protection top and pulled up the tape. To my astonishment i could see long (5-6 mm) gold wires, totally exposed. Quite thick ones as well.

Anyone that knows how much gold such processor containing?
Is it massive gold wires?

I understand I must remove the wires manually as good as i can. But what with the rest?

The picture in the linked page looked like a fine pitch lead frame, and in that case it is only gold plated.
A drop of nitric would answer a lot of questions.

I'm guessing a bit here as I've never run into this CPU myself.

Göran

The CPU itself is more readily known by the Intel S-Spec code SL28Q.
The package that you are showing seems to have some collector value.
Intel Pentium MMX 233MHZ SL28Q a rare socket 7 version with codename "Tillamook".

glorycloud said:
The CPU itself is more readily known by the Intel S-Spec code SL28Q.
The package that you are showing seems to have some collector value.
Intel Pentium MMX 233MHZ SL28Q a rare socket 7 version with codename "Tillamook".

Collector value? For me it had scientific value to open up and check what is was. So called check it up value. The collector can get the remains. :D Absolutly worth to rip apart!

Actually, first I was thinking the top was a kind of protection tape and ripped it off. Turned out the tape was more like the green bottom on a BGA chip. Viola! Under was the bond wires. Fat ones. I did tear off a one cm long bond with my fingers. 8)

Its the best thing I have seen so far. Photos will come.

Back