Todays pickup * The motherload--- part two

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

silversaddle1

As I am going thru all this stuff, anything interesting will be put before you in this thread.

Take a look at these chips on this little board. As you can see once you crack the lid off there are gold traces inside. I put one of these under my engraving microscope and scratched the gold trace. It would appear there is no copper under the gold. It was gold colored all the way down to the ceramic base. Could this be?

Any idea what the white chips are?

Here is a patent that the chip shows up in. It appears this chip was only used on this machine??
http://www.wikipatents.com/GB-Patent-1391520/optical-character-recognition-system

Please discuss!

Attachments

• beckman1.JPG
    beckman1.JPG
    862.4 KB · Views: 456
Wow! I have thousands of chips like that,which the dept of defense gave to us out of a naval destroyer.I never broke any apart because I have so many tons of material here it will take me years to go through it all.......and Im still buying more :roll:
Johnny

Well the guy did tell me the machines were built to Mil-Spec standards, so that would make sense! I have seen lots of the smaller Beckman plug-in type IC's on the pinboards. Maybe a guy should crack one of those open too!

leavemealone said:
Wow! I have thousands of chips like that,which the dept of defense gave to us out of a naval destroyer.I never broke any apart because I have so many tons of material here it will take me years to go through it all.......and Im still buying more :roll:
Johnny

Yep it is addictive. :p

I bet you get some great deals there.

It looks like there are 20 or so of these boards. Now I'm wondering if I should sell them as-is, or have someone refine them for me.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Back