A plethora of MSDSs

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you for posting this link, I believe that it is very helpful, but I am unsure of how the MSDS's are used. Can you explain this to a newbie? :oops:

I am new at this. These are the data sheets that we need to send in with our materials when we are trying to have them refined? Am I correct?

I just read about these and I have no idea of what I need, if anything.

Thank you for your time and consideration.
Respectfully and sincerely,
Aphrodite <3

Thank you Dave! I saw that these are required by Johnson Matthey, and I almost gave up. I had no idea of what was required. Do all companies ask for these?

Aphrodite <3

Aphrodite said:
Thank you Dave! I saw that these are required by Johnson Matthey, and I almost gave up. I had no idea of what was required. Do all companies ask for these?

Aphrodite <3

These MSDS sheets are kept close at hand by you. They give information to you and anyone else that might need the information on the chemicals you are using not the material you are trying to process.

As of June 1, 2015, there is a new requirement to supply Safety Data Sheets (SDS) rather than Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) sheets. The new SDS sheets provide the same information, but the format is different. The nice thing is with the SDS sheets the format is standardized so all sheets will look the same no matter who supplies them.

Just a heads up so you don't get confused as you see MSDS get repalced with SDS, especially if you are a newbie. I believe this is a worldwide initiative, but know it is definitely the case for the United States, Canada, and Germany at least.

Barren Realms 007 said:
These MSDS sheets are kept close at hand by you. They give information to you and anyone else that might need the information on the chemicals you are using not the material you are trying to process.

My plan is to print out an [M]SDS for every chem in my locker, and store them right there on the inside of the door. Right behind the NFPA 704 "fire diamond" on the outside of the door ;)

Edit: The outdoor locker door, that is--not my house ;)

Back