Portuguese Law?

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

$€RG!º

hi everyone, im a freshman at this and need some info or direction. i obviously have to start here... i just spent 2hrs searching the net for legislation on refining gold and the legality or illegality of this profitable hobby. maybe im not using the right key words or i just suck at goggling, i just cant find anything specific on the matter, just selling and buying. i was about to send an email to the nearest assay office asking about the subject but my wife didnt like the idea.

It doesnt seem that there are any portuguese members here (i may be wrong) but there seems to be solidarity between all members and i would appreciate any info or direction to anything or anywhere i might find more specifics on refining in portugal from a more experienced googler.

always liked chemistry in high school, now i can excersize something i always found interesting.
btw, great site!

$€RG!º

Welcome to the forum.
I seem to recall at least one other member from Portugual in the last year or two but your right there's not many. I'm afraid the language barrier stopped me looking for you but I'd suggest looking for your environment agency site, or whatever it's called in Portugaul, and check on the use of acids and pollution control if your looking to stay within the rules .
Like many members do here I'd suggest flying under the radar as far as possible and the ways to keep you, your family, neighbours and the environment safe are fully covered in the safety section here on the forum, it's one of our golden unwritten rules that safety is taken extremely seriously here and no posts are welcome that promote dangerous practices or ideas.
There are threads which cover building your own fume hoods and scrubbers, essential if you intend to refine seriously, and virtually all known processes are discussed in depth that allow you to recover and refine all precious metals in nearly every known form. There's plenty of information on how to make your waste safe for disposal and how to make your own hard to obtain chemicals, we cover nearly everything on the forum.
I'd suggest your start your time here by reading the safety section followed by downloading and reading C.M.Hoke, free off many members signature lines, which will get you up to speed with most discussed on the forum, the forum handbooks are also a good source of information again free.
Visit our own Lazersteves site and watch the videos, available to buy and worth every cent, and he also sells useful items for your refining at very good prices, his search function is also excellent.
There's a lot to learn and reading and researching is the only way to get the knowledge your going to need to be successful, this can be a lifetime study and you still find new things almost daily.
One piece of advice don't try to run before you can walk, read and understand Hoke and follow the advice on safety, no gold is worth your health, be patient and start with Hoke,s getting acquainted tests and make and use stannous chloride and understand what the tests mean.
Good luck and again welcome to the forum.

thanks for the welcome and thanks for the pointers Nickvc, ill be sure to read Hoke, the author seems to be jesus and the book a bible, there are references all over this forum so for sure.
im an anticipated sufferer so ill be sure to know how to crawl before walking.
again, thanks for all the advice!

$€RG!º

Back