problems with torching

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AetherAlan

I started off with a coffee pot full of computer parts. And soaked them in hydrogen peroxide, sea salt and vinegar. I let that sit for 3 days.

Filtered the liquid in coffee filters and got an orange colored substance. Then I bought SMB (mixed 30 grams with approximately 200 mL of water. And added it to the orange solution drop by drop. (Dark scarlet color with every drop. The liquid turned partly red until a dark red/black.

I then poured the liquid into a pot and boiled it. A brown thicker liquid then when all the liquid boiled away I was left with a thin brown powder. I torched it and it just burned. What is the brown powder?

https://ibb.co/bQMXsx
https://ibb.co/nkysQH

Before you attempt this again, spend a month or two searching the forum and reading everything you can find about how to properly process the specific type of material that you have. Some people read the forum fora year or two before processing anything.

I hope you live alone. You're not going to blossom much longer doing this in your home. Both the solutions, and the gases they produce are hazardous. STOP doing this in your home! You're going to jeopardize your health, as well as the health of anyone or anything that lives in your home.

Dave

Get rid of this guy. Complete waster. He can't even spell whilst he's mocking basic safety procedures. Have some standards rather than pandering to an eejit.

anachronism said:
Get rid of this guy. Complete waster. He can't even spell whilst he's mocking basic safety procedures. Have some standards rather than pandering to an eejit.

:lol:

British English I will never understand. It's proper spelling is ijit not eejit. :lol: :lol:

Seriously though, he has wasted enough space.

Obvious troll is obvious...

But there has been a sharp incresase in over all spam these few last days... How so?
It really annoys me if I just want to quickly browse thought new topics and have to waste my time reading through crap like this :/
I do my best to report crude spam, still it is a waste of my time, no fun at all...

-Artūrs

AetherAlan, there is a great saying that treat others as you want to be treated. You come here, posting nonsense procedures, answering with disrespect when GSP, one of our greatest members and also a moderator gives you advice. Then you have the gut to report several of the replies as "hurting your feelings" and "unhelpful".

If you want to stay on the forum, learn to behave as a grown up or you will be banned.

Consider this as a final warning.

Göran

Shark said:
anachronism said:

:lol:

British English I will never understand. It's proper spelling is ijit not eejit. :lol: :lol:

Seriously though, he has wasted enough space.

Idjit is better:

"idjit
Derived from the Irish Slang word "Eejit", which means a person who is exceedingly Stupid or an Idiot. It was americanized and made "country" and slowly was changed into "Idjit" by southerners."

Ijit is allowed, but, idjit just sounds better. Just checking . . . Alabama is in the South, right? :wink:

James (Left Coast hostage) :D

Back