Aqua riega

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jonnygold

Been redefining gold for long time and saved all the left over chemicals got over 300 litres stored in 25 litre drums started to evaporate one of thinking I could evaporate them all off and basically get any gold left over irridium out palladium platinum and rohdium any suggestions on how to do this as I have to much liquid left over with metal in it and want to get it out now prices have gone up thanks

Go get yourself a couple bags of steel wool and throw it in after degreasing it. Mix daily for a week. Filter and dispose of solution.

You honestly won’t get much from that quantity if you’ve been good, and it will likely be silver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First test with stannous to see if there are any values there.
If the tests are negative for gold the chances are any left will have been slow to precipitate and will likely be in the bottom of your containers, decant most of the liquid carefully and swill any sediment into a beaker or large bucket and again allow to settle and pour off the liquid and transfer to a beaker and dissolve in AR, filter and precipitate the gold.
For any PGMs that may be present I would cement using copper sheet or buzz bars adding a bubbler will help to keep the solution moving and exposing it to the copper for cementation,once you have treated all the solution collect any powders and send them to Lou or another respected PGM refiner if you have a decent amount.

Back