cpu sockets process question

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ettran

Hi , I was wondering what process would work with cpu sockets . I hope I can do this with the AP process . because I do not want to deal with cyanide . ED.

Cyanide would be better way to go since AP would attack base metals as well. If the gold has Palladium in it then it may resist the cyanaide so AP might be the only way.

AP can cause the foils to get trapped in the slots and be hard to wash out. It can leave you a large amount of waste. I have used AR directly with a lower heat range. The lower heat can help keep the plastic's from becoming soft or breaking down. If you want to run a mixture of different sockets, I would first test a sample of each and be able to identify them for the future before combing large mixed lots.

thank you guys .I will wait until I get some more replies , ed. this is a great forum.

What CPU sockets are you talking about ?

if you are talking about the white plastic large sockets - acids will most probably degrade the plastic & you will end up with a real mess

Kurt

thanks kurt .I have a mix , but mostly p4 small sockets . the large socket ones I can pull the pins ,ed.

ettran said:
thanks kurt .I have a mix , but mostly p4 small sockets . the large socket ones I can pull the pins ,ed.

The base material of most P4 sockets laughs at AR. Try a few. The plastic stays there and the metal dissolves.

hi guys , I don't do aqua regia cause I don't to deal with nitric. if I can do this with AP I will do it or will sell the material,ed.

Back