Need help - what I got here?

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miroman

Hi,

I decided to try the 'Tzoax method' to process incinerated ICs (mostly from RAM modules DDR/DDR2, but also some chips from MB, not BGA)

The difference is that I started with ~200 gr. sieved dust, well washed and iron particles removed. Also I used AR instead of poor mans AR.

After second AR treatment, I got a nice clear emerald-green solution, ~120 ml. I put 5 gr. urea, almost no reaction, needed to stir it 4-5 minutes to dissolve. Then I put ~ 10 gr. copperas, stir it intensive - the solution only got clouded. I hope it will settle down, but after 10 hours - nothing on the bottom. I decided to heat it, suddenly it boiled over for about 10 seconds, and then the color changed to clear orange:

IMG_20190614_191744.jpg

What do I have in that beaker? The color is palladium-like, but not sure. Is it? And eventually how to proceed from now on?

Thanks in advance.

Regards, Miro.

Miro

Why do you think it's Palladium like? What has led you to believe that?

It looks like a pretty clean gold solution to me.

Help me out here and tell me OK?

Jon

Dilute this solution 3 times the volume with water if you want to drop the gold. It is to an point where the salts are formed to the bottom of the beaker.
Then add SMB....copperas ....stir and wait for complete precipitation.

P.S.: and wear gloves...for your own sake.

johnny309 said:
Dilute this solution 3 times the volume with water if you want to drop the gold. It is to an point where the salts are formed to the bottom of the beaker.
Then add SMB....copperas ....stir and wait for complete precipitation.

P.S.: and wear gloves...for your own sake.
No! Test it first. There is no reason to chase gold if it isn't there.

Göran

Back