sulfide question

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wyndham

I was watching several youtube videos on gold extraction with acid/peroxide then acid bleach and have a general question on how this may apply to sulfide ores.
caveat here about sulfides, I know there are some nasty sulfides that harm you in roasting and processing. This question is about the liberation of gold from sulfides.
I have two paths to question
If one had some sulfides of around 100 mesh, and (first path) do a acid/peroxide bath to remove the non gold parts then do the acid/bleach as a leach over time to dissolve the gold. The second method would be to roast the sulfides(with all safety precautions) then do the acid /bleach leaching
Now in either case there might be some free mill micro gold in the mix.Aside from the economics of questionable return, where is the flaw in this method. This is simply thinking about using the gold foil recovery from escrap to sulfides and micro gold recovery.
Thanks for any comments and potholes this idea has Wyndham

Roasting at 700C or H2O2> 20% activation rinse - both turn iron sulfide into oxide, thus freeing PM's for further processing

An alternative to hydrogen peroxide can be ordinary household bleach; sodium hypochlorite is usually sold as a diluted (3-6%) solution in water. It is a very alkaline solution that acts as an oxidizing agent, similar to hydrogen peroxide. Be careful not to add acid to the hypochlorite bleach, as gaseous chlorine is formed.

Back