Request for recover gold with aqua regia

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

muhammad Shahzad

Hallo everybody
I tried many many times to recover gold with ar and recover.but not recover whole quantity of gold.so please help me.i discribe whole process if anybody ask
Thanks

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk

I recover gold from BGA chips
First separate bottom and black top parts. burn black make powder then I make AR.1 part nitric acid 3 part hydrochloric acid. cover black powder with AR. After dissolved filter then I add urea till fizzing.
After fizzing I add SMB.gold pircepetate in black calour. Same process with bottom
fabric part without burn them. collect gold
Black powder and rifine with sulfuric acid.
So it is my process. Now what is wrong
Please tell me
Thanks for support

Still quite lean on details... How much did you recover? How big batches did you run? What did you expect?

Just a thought, black powder... gold chloride adsorbs onto carbon. Maybe the missing gold is still in the black powder?

Göran

niks neims said:
muhammad Shahzad said:

What? How?
There is two things named black powder. first BGA chip's top black part after burn it makes like black powder. second that makes in AR after perception actually it's black mud wrongly written black powder.
Cover this black mud with sulfuric acid in a beaker and boil at 100 c to 150 c after boil it's refined and
Thanks

After reading the details, what comes to mind is heating + stirring the AR. Water rinses not mentioned. I add concentrated sulfuric acid to achieve boiling with added crop.

muhammad Shahzad said:
first BGA chip's top black part after burn it makes like black powder.

Sounds like you did not achieve a complete incineration of the chips. After burning and crushing, the powder(ash) should be quite light in color, almost white. Then as much of that ash needs to be carefully washed away as possible. Leaving a concentrate of much less material to apply AR to.

The black carbon material will not only trap and protect the gold bond wires from the acid, it can adsorb and trap some gold that does get dissolved.

Carefully dry and incinerate the black ash with plenty of stirring until all the carbon in the ash is *completely* burned. Then wash and start over with the acid.

Read this thread thoroughly. It explains it all.
http://goldrefiningforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=11827

Lino1406 said:
After reading the details, what comes to mind is heating + stirring the AR. Water rinses not mentioned. I add concentrated sulfuric acid to achieve boiling with added crop.
Time to heat solution

Hallo Benben
You write
" the powder (ash) should be quite light in color, almost white"

to make white ash there would be need
More heat. so many heat wouldn't be harmful for gold bond wires ?

muhammad Shahzad said:
Hallo Benben
You write

Harmful in what way? You're not melting them.

anachronism said:
muhammad Shahzad said:
Hallo Benben
You write

Harmful in what way? You're not melting them.
It's a confusion in my mind only .
Now clear.
Thanks

Not more heat, it's oxygen that converts carbon into carbon dioxide. You need a good supply of air or oxygen to turn it into white ash. Red heat is enough, around 600 degrees C.
If you have too much oxygen you might cool it down and then carbon won't burn, so not to much and not too little.

Göran

muhammad Shahzad said:
niks neims said:
muhammad Shahzad said:

What? How?
There is two things named black powder. first BGA chip's top black part after burn it makes like black powder. second that makes in AR after perception actually it's black mud wrongly written black powder.
Cover this black mud with sulfuric acid in a beaker and boil at 100 c to 150 c after boil it's refined
Thanks

muhammad Shahzad said:
Lino1406 said:
when heat solution before adding urea + SMB or after

Latest posts

Back