Experiment

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

worker0

Hi,
exactly 1 year ago, i started my experiment to see how much gold isreally on PCB-s and other materials.

I prepared citric acid (... weak, i know) by covering it with boiling water until allmost all crystal dissolves, and add 5 - 6 grams more on totall of about 2,5 deciliter of water. So I added 5 - 6 grams after allmost all crystals are disolved. 20 days ago I neutralised acid by adding natrium bicarbonate and leave material and solution to evaporate as much as possible.
Results:
-Copper parts changed color,
-Gold parts stayed shiney as first day of puting it in solution.
-Liquid changed color to greenish ( probably because PCB color )
-After few days of evaporation solution turned to gelatine like substance, i added hot water and again is liquid util water evaporates.
-CPU fingers get of CPU and fall at the bottom of flask.

Is there any household chemical that I can use to test and learn something?

Participating gold from this probably is not cost effective. Only if someone would like to se the pictures.

worker0 said:
Hi,
exactly 1 year ago, i started my experiment to see how much gold isreally on PCB-s and other materials.

I prepared citric acid (... weak, i know) by covering it with boiling water until allmost all crystal dissolves, and add 5 - 6 grams more on totall of about 2,5 deciliter of water. So I added 5 - 6 grams after allmost all crystals are disolved. 20 days ago I neutralised acid by adding natrium bicarbonate and leave material and solution to evaporate as much as possible.
Results:
-After few days of evaporation solution turned to gelatine like substance, i added hot water and again is liquid util water evaporates.

Participating gold from this probably is not cost effective. Only if someone would like to se the pictures.

Where did you find this technique ? It couldn't possibly be from GRF or Hokes book, which, judging by your earlier posts you were well advised to read :)

Do one run of classic gold recovery/refining, just one classic run, post the picture of your beautiful button here and then we could explore all the crazy ideas you might have... because If you can't acquire one simple gold button using all of the information here.. it is just waste of time then ;)

Also - "harmless household chemicals" won't really work, and even if you'll use stuff you could buy at hardware store, when you start working with them they become very hazardous...

niks neims said:
worker0 said:
Hi,

Results:

Where did you find this technique ? It couldn't possibly be from GRF or Hokes book, which, judging by your earlier posts you were well advised to read :)

Do one run of classic gold recovery/refining, just one classic run, post the picture of your beautiful button here and then we could explore all the crazy ideas you might have... because If you can't acquire one simple gold button using all of the information here.. it is just waste of time then ;)

Also - "harmless household chemicals" won't really work, and even if you'll use stuff you could buy at hardware store, when you start working with them they become very hazardous...

I just say that I experimented not that I try Gold recovery with this. As I say I did this just to see % of gold because copper will be oxidized.

Back