Diesel Exhaust Fluid

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kadriver

Someone has recommended pouring Bludef diesel exhaust fluid into a gold solution prior to precipitation. Has anyone here ever heard of this? What's in it?

Thank you,

kadriver

Johnny,

You should buy it from Univar or Brenntag...way cheaper than BlueDEF by the tote!

Lou said:
Johnny,

You should buy it from Univar or Brenntag...way cheaper than BlueDEF by the tote!

Thanks Lou,
However I was referring to my truck. I just buy it at the pump. I'd like to see if it's possible to make DEF, but my truck is $300k new, so I wouldn't risk putting it in mine.

Its just 32.5% urea + deionized water.

And I imagine it comes in 250 gallon totes pre-mixed at that concentration...and is probably cleaner than what you’d get at the filling station, simply because you don’t have the tank/nozzle residue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

snoman701 said:
Its just 32.5% urea + deionized water.

And I imagine it comes in 250 gallon totes pre-mixed at that concentration...and is probably cleaner than what you’d get at the filling station, simply because you don’t have the tank/nozzle residue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I could certainly make that for a lot less than $2.89/gallon. Unfortunately it would be a pain to make and store, and of course carry extra on the truck.

@johnny5

You got a Volvo? They started with urea to meet the new enviroment standards. In princip you can make it yourself quite easy. But both Ammonium and urea can be under restrictions. That will say if you do not buy it for your truck. Cheaper brands are common but the stations keep to their brands due to higher profit. All come down to lazyness and you buy the one at the station. Trucks however have a seperated tank for the ad. Many hauling companies fill their own ad at home. The ad can be purschased in 50 gallon barrels. If you do long haul you fit a larger tank but at the expence of loading capacity.

stella polaris said:
@johnny5

You got a Volvo?

If you do long haul you fit a larger tank but at the expence of loading capacity.

No not a Volvo.

We currently have a 20 gallon tank and that will easily last a couple of weeks.

And being overweight is never a problem. Some of our heavier loads usually weigh less that 1000lbs. Some of our lighter loads can weigh less than 10lbs.
Last year we hauled a 40lb box from Colorado to California.
3 years ago we hauled an aluminum ladder from Georgia to Oregon.
We've also hauled a single pallet about 150 feet. We did that 3 days in a row.
But the best of all, was a customer in California paid us a little over $9k just to use the back of our truck for 6 days. We spent the entire week in Hollywood and Santa Monica while the truck was back at the customer.

Back