Testing for mercury in waste pile

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bthmh

I'm looking for an easy cheap way of indicating whether mercury is present in old waste piles. Ideas?

So far the ideas I have are :

1panning

2 screen and run the screened material over something mercury will stick to. (Copper, zinc, or silver plated?)

any crazy ideas for a way of doing this would be most welcome.

Giving the boiling point of this metal.....heating will be the best option....and recover the fumes and condense back as metal...under control enviroment.

Unfortunately, bthmh is one of those folks who registered, asked his question in the 11 minutes he was here, logged off, and has never returned. I doubt he'll ever see your response johnny. :cry:

Dave

If you find them, and there's no redeeming quality to the thread, I'll be happy to delete them. Send me PMs as you run across them. It was one of the first things I did when I became a moderator. I had a whole list of them. It didn't make a dent, but I'll be happy to do anything I can to eliminate some of the clutter.

Please provide either a link, or let me know the section of the forum and the name of the thread.

I'll leave this thread here for a few days so other members can read this post and know they can PM me about them and I'll delete them. Then I'll delete this one. :)

Dave

Back