Information about XRF Analyzer

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vjodhani

Hello friends I want to enquire about this XRF ANLYZER by BRUKER for precious metals(silver specifically)
Have anybody used it?
How much accurate it is?
Can it detect range of 300-8000 ppm?
How much worth it is?
Is any other option cheaper than bruker available in market? (I want portable analyzer)
What is the life of the device?
How much deviation it has from the actual lab using ICP (OES)?
**ICP-Inductive couple Plasma

Attached is the brochure for the same analyzer for your reference.

Attachments

• S1 TITAN 200 PMI_ flyer V1-R0-Compressed.pdf
    219.1 KB · Views: 12
From what i know, XRF may contain a rhodium element (tube), which can influence rhodium reading. Good to check if balancing software exists

Lino1406 said:
From what i know, XRF may contain a rhodium element (tube), which can influence rhodium reading. Good to check if balancing software exists

I'd tend to agree with this because one of the first spurious readings one tends to get with some XRF is Rh. It pops up out of nowhere with appalling regularity.

I would like to share my experience:-
I called this BRUKER company for a free demo.The XRF analyzer is very much portable.My views on it are:-

1) It is does not records impurities below 100 ppm.So as a smelter I am concerned with impurities (Se,Te,Bi,Sb,Cu,Pb etc) more than purity of silver.
2) There are fluctuations in ppm in thousands when it is analyzed on different areas of surface.
3)Rhodium which other members of group pointed out was displayed in high levels which was not present in our samples at all.
4)Every time we pressed the analyzer closer towards the sample it gave more accurate readings.

Finally,it can be said that though such analyzers can be good for very poor rough estimations generally people dealing with scraps to recover precious metals;that also at very primary level.
Portable Optical Emission Spectroscopy; EDX and ICP are the only best solutions to sample analyzers who are dealing with large scale silver handling.

vjodhani said:
I would like to share my experience:-
I called this BRUKER company for a free demo.The XRF analyzer is very much portable.My views on it are:-

1) It is does not records impurities below 100 ppm.So as a smelter I am concerned with impurities (Se,Te,Bi,Sb,Cu,Pb etc) more than purity of silver.
2) There are fluctuations in ppm in thousands when it is analyzed on different areas of surface.
3)Rhodium which other members of group pointed out was displayed in high levels which was not present in our samples at all.
4)Every time we pressed the analyzer closer towards the sample it gave more accurate readings.

Finally,it can be said that though such analyzers can be good for very poor rough estimations generally people dealing with scraps to recover precious metals;that also at very primary level.
Portable Optical Emission Spectroscopy; EDX and ICP are the only best solutions to sample analyzers who are dealing with large scale silver handling.

As per your post on your other thread. This is your subjective experience from having had a demo Bruker unit. You cannot make sweeping statements about all portable xrf units based upon this.

Back