Filter Press Operation Rationale

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snoman701

I bought a filter press yesterday. The price was right.

http://www.gemstoneequipment.com/18-470mm-filter-press.html

What I don't understand is the plumbing. I have only used a JWI style press, where you have a center feed and four discharge tubes. I understand that this is still center feed, and has the hoses for the discharge...but I don't understand why there are two feed pipes. From a manufacturing perspective, there's just no reason to do it unless it offers some advantage that a single center doesn't.

Just curious if anyone understands what it might offer.

Here's the website information.

The P-18-47Omm Filter Press is the ideal press for use in the intermediate flow range. This press is also available as a *Dual Continuous Cycle System. All Presses Are Fully Expandable and come with a durable powder coat finish.

The P-18-47Omm Filter Press utilizes glass filled polypropylene plates and has the identical one piece filter plate screen with molded gasket feature as our larger presses. The air controlled hydraulic closure unit on the P-18-47Omm Filter Press provides a leak proof seal between the plates.

The P-18-47Omm Filter Press comes equipped with an air controlled hydraulic pressure clamping system, filter plates, filter screens, and a unique manifold type drain system that allows visual monitoring of individual plate performance.

Latest posts

Back