Best way to polish 18K gold necklaces

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Orjoan

I'm manufacturing size 0.45 anchor chain that after production is put through a hammering machine to achieve a flat surface on each link of the chain (photo attached). My issue here is that I'm not able to get to shine nicely after being ut in the vibrator for a nice shiny finish. Does anyone in this respective form have any solution for me besides 'bombing'?

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2019-02-21 at 10.28.44 AM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2019-02-21 at 10.28.44 AM.jpeg
    41.1 KB · Views: 147
Welcome to the GRF, Orjoan.

Most of us would just melt down that chain. We are a refining forum after all.

I would recommend you ask that question on the ganoksin forum. There you will find a lot of jewelers that can help you.
https://www.ganoksin.com/

... and if nothing else helps, we can always help you refine the gold scrap. :D

Göran

There are many methods to barrel polish them but they never come out really good, I believe the Italians who used to make lots of chain simply plated the items to achieve a high polish, it also allowed the use of cheaper alloys also as the color didn’t matter if it was going to be plated.

Hi
I am a machine made chain factory and the best solution for your problem is the polish the tools that you hammer the chain.
After you hammer the chain it will come good and ready for tumbling and you will get the same results as the Italian.
Plating of the chain is only to get the Wright color needed for the Wright market chain manufacturers using alloy that have little silver and a lot of copper in order to get soft metal to help in the process and this alloys is red in color.
Hope this will help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back