Field Testing of Gold

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mineance

Can anyone provide me with the safest methods of testing gold in the field? I have the "opportunity" to purchase gold from artisinal miners, but they often have either under/over estimated the quality. Is there a simple way to test the purity level without having to travel with a cumber sum lab? Some of the locations I visit require horseback, hiking, or boats, so I do not have the ability to carry a lot of equipment.

If this is placer gold, I would get an assay of the gold produced from that area, (or just refine some and determine yields), and buy the gold at a fair price allowing a little room for error, and where both parties made a good deal.

Hello, everyone. Love this Gold Refiners Forum. As a Noob. I would like inquire if any of you know of reliable Assayers who can test and determine the percentage of gold. We have in the form of Gold Dust. We need Certificates with Business Name, Logo, Phone # and location and Name of person performing all testing on the Certificates.

If you know reliable & honest Assayers you do business with, we would appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Erik/The Wild Cat Mine.

> "Is there a simple way to test the purity level [...]"
Depending on the piece, probably the simplest test you might use is the touchstone.
But if the piece is a raw gold ore, I guess that only a lab could test the purity level.

He might have worked it out in the 4.5 years since he made the post Mark 8) 8)

Jon

spaceships,

> "He might have worked it out in the 4.5 years since he made the post Mark"
I was aware of that, thanks!
I'm just trying to figure it out how this forum work.

By the way, is it possible to receive an email when a new post is submitted? How?

Back