Question about XRF/WDX

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goldandsilver123

Hello,

There's a public auction of a WDX PANALYTICAL VENUS 200 and I'm interested and in need of a XRF.

I only worked with the handheld type without any sort of training, so what I wanted to ask, what should I look for in a XRF?

Is PanAnalytical Venus 200 a good spectrometer?

I know that there's EDX and WDX, and aparently the WDX it's better but costs more.

The one that is in auction was used by a mining company.

Pananalytical makes a good product.

WD vs EDXRF depends on what you're doing. For precious metals, usually EDXRF sufficient

I want it for precious metals alloy analysis and for coating thickness analysis.

I'm only interested in this unit because the price is very good, but trying to find information about this model and I can't find any, like what elements it analyses and if it measure thickness. What I'm looking for is a equipment brochure.

The unit in question was bought from PanAnalytical in 2008 by Yamana Gold. If I do buy it, there's 15 hours of driving to arrive where it is.

FrugalRefiner said:
I suggest a Google search. I just searched panalytical venus 200 brochure and found a lot of useful links.

Dave

I google searched a lot and didn't find any "official" information, it appeared like the model didn't existed.

Maybe it's a location related issue.

But I contacted PanAnalytical directly and requested the brochure, they were kind enough to send it to me today, because the auction happens monday.

Sorry for the delay. I won the auction and had to rent a Van and travel 2,600 km to bring it here.

It's in good condition and arrived safely.

WDX.jpg

Along with the Venus 200 came a Herzog 20 ton press, with the steel dies rusted.
Steel molds.jpg

I'm very happy to finally have my own XRF :D

I need to make a checkup before I plug it on.

It came with lots of things, which I'm slowly finding out, but there's one thing that bugs me is this glass slide with a conductive layer, there's lots of this and still in the vaccum package.
Acessorios.jpg
Placa vidro.jpg

Back