Sorry been awhile

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikeinreco

I usually deal in large quantities of Low to Mid Grade Ewaste but came across these.......Had another guy on another forum that tested some samples of similar materials......Anyone here still do that......If this is wrong place let me know

Attachments

• DSCN7430.JPG
    DSCN7430.JPG
    4.8 MB · Views: 196
  • DSCN7438.JPG
    DSCN7438.JPG
    4.6 MB · Views: 196
Looking for insight or help does it matter that I have more than just pictured probably around 100 of these items.......If I'm wasting my time no harm done.......

My guess is that you would be better off selling them on ebay rather trying to refine them for their gold content. If you do decide to refine them then I would say an electrolytic cell (sulfuric acid) would be the way to go. If it were up to me I would not hesitate to put them on ebay. I used to attempt refining things like this but came to the conclusion that the best use of my time is to sell as much of this stuff as I can. We have a member here, Silversaddle, who has never refined anything, but has made a decent living selling literally tons of ewaste.
Hope this helps.
Dennis

E-bay.

I'm not sure if this link will work as the auction is over, but the lot would be about the same grade as what you have.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1000G-Electronics-Gold-Scrap-High-Yield-/372124801081?hash=item56a45dd839%3Ag%3Apf4AAOSwvfZZ-7s-&nma=true&si=IM7l%252FDmLoQ8gZRJ%252F1V11Ok5dIPA%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

I think this was way over the money on this scrap, and there will be others who will comment that know a lot more than me.

That's about 135 dollars a pound.

I really appreciate the comments....my main concern was the off color of the two small blocks....these were covering the other items ill try to post more pics soon as i get home

Here are so more detailed pics.......Was some sort of Wi-FI Transmitter

Attachments

• DSCN7453.JPG
    DSCN7453.JPG
    4.7 MB · Views: 133
  • DSCN7456.JPG
    DSCN7456.JPG
    4.6 MB · Views: 133
  • DSCN7458.JPG
    DSCN7458.JPG
    4.5 MB · Views: 133
  • DSCN7463.JPG
    DSCN7463.JPG
    4.6 MB · Views: 133
Telecom scrap is always high grade but unless your set up to deal with it the e bay route is always the easiest and probably the best return.

The two clamps doesn't look like gold plated to me.

Are they heavy? If you scrape the surface of them is it the same color below? Aluminium? The markings on them reminds me of die cast zinc alloys.

A drop of nitric acid tells a lot about any plating. When I'm unsure about plate or not I usually make a scratch on the surface and place a drop of nitric acid on top. In a short while the metal below will be attacked and the plating can be seen as loose flakes or sheets sticking to the metal, a loupe is a great tool to use.
Hydrochloric or sulfuric might also be used in some cases depending on the base metal. Brass or bronze usually gets a copper tone after some acid is put on the surface, it dissolves zinc and tin while leaving the copper.

The RF-components are plated with gold but I have no idea of how much. Not massive as one person on the scrap metal forum suggested that they might be.

Göran

The two caps are not gold plated. I believe they are bronze.

Sulfuric cell will not get all, or even close to all of the gold. There are going to be gold bond wires inside the transistors.

Really, the only way to do these is full dissolution of base metals, or smelt in to anodes.

If nobody else posted it, they are RF transistors, or RF amplifiers.

I relisted only what I am confident has gold in it.......The blocks will be put to the side for further testing

Here is the listing

https://www.ebay.com/itm/182993772241?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Back