Chip for Gold

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ericrm

CLOSE to buy :
CLOSE for silver trade :
CLOSE for gold trade :

availlable unmarked gold 0 g

(min 10g Au by trade, min 1oz for silver mint bar trade, no minimum with money payment)

I refund 1$ by pounds on shipping for red item on deal over 100$ with paypal invoice and tracking number.

All buying will be made via paypal and requier an invoice if you want to be paid without invoice read the 3rd part

i will buy outright the following :
price are in cad

-----------------------
If you sell with an invoice, you can transfer the price in silver mint 1oz bar, return shipping and insurance at your charge.
-----------------------

For the material that I buy, you can transfer the price in gold weight and deduct 12% of the weight to be paid without an invoice in solid unmarked gold
ex: gold memory without invoice at gold spot price of 42$cad /g. 15$/42$=0.357g Au by pound of memory minus 12% of the weight

Picture of item will be require before shipment. The material must be already sorted by type of material when i receive it, I reserve to myself the right to send back the package if the content is not as we previously agreed.
Shipping cost of raw material will be at your expense. Return shipping will be at my expense with traking number but will not be insured. I will not be responsible in any case of lost/stolen/border holded material/silver/gold.
anti ups.jpg

You do realize it is "expensive" to ship from the US to Canada.
In any case, just for grins I may weigh up some chips and try and
calculate shipping costs by the USPS to see if it might make sense to
be your first guinea pig. 8)

excellent glorycloud if you could post your location,shipping weight and estimated shipping cost, even if you choose to not send me material, it would be realy nice to have an estimate for futur reference.

grance ,when i ship to the us i dont use flat rate box, i use paypal and a brown box, i usually ship more than 10 lb and it cost me around 1.50 by lb

edit i just did a small experiement with your adress grance . shipping a 5 kg package 30 by 30 by 15 cm expedited parcel with a tracking number would cost me 24.72$ it bring it to 2.25 $ by pound of shipped material.

grance i must specify it is price for a package from me to you ,i cannot calculate from you to me... but i would guess is must be about the same...

edit
paypal caculator is excellent ... ebay is very crappy

So your payout rate is about 30% return to the costumer & by the time I figure the shipping in on my end my return is even less

Maybe its just me but 70% to you on this type material seems a bit high

I am not trying to shoot you & what you are trying to do down Eric but based on my own experience in processing this type material 50/50 seems more reasonable --- I wouldn't mind hearing from some of the other members that actually process this type material

Chem cost of course would be an issue that factors in - I get my chems cheap - very cheap as I buy in large quanity

Kurt

you seem to forget the expense that goes with it ,cost of acid, cost of combustion to incinerate them, cost of waste disposal (because this cost realy do exist),the TIME it take to do them... your 30% is unreal, if you compare as an exemple the blacktop chip witch yield about 4-5g kilo , im more on the 50% minus my expense ratio.
please do not put that kind of volontary false or unvolontary misleading information here.

if you want to heard more from that material the forum is full of information do it somewhere else ,this is not in general chat. this is a business proposal for the poeple that dont have access or the possibility to treat this kind of material themself.

edit : im realy desapointed about your comment kurt, apparently you think poeple are stupid and cannot calculate for themself. i havent hidded anything ,yield are already on the forum ... thing is that your making false number to make me look bad . plz remove your comment

I will weigh up some chips I have that I have had in bags around here
and try and send some pictures this weekend.

ericrm said:
you seem to forget the expense that goes with it ,cost of acid, cost of combustion to incinerate them, cost of waste disposal (because this cost realy do exist),the TIME it take to do them... your 30% is unreal, if you compare as an exemple the blacktop chip witch yield about 4-5g kilo , im more on the 50% minus my expense ratio.
please do not put that kind of volontary false or unvolontary misleading information here.

if you want to heard more from that material the forum is full of information do it somewhere else ,this is not in general chat. this is a business proposal for the poeple that dont have access or the possibility to treat this kind of material themself.

edit : im realy desapointed about your comment kurt, apparently you think poeple are stupid and cannot calculate for themself. i havent hidded anything ,yield are already on the forum ... thing is that your making false number to make me look bad . plz remove your comment

I am sorry you feel that way Eric but it just not true - I have a lab set up with 2 fume hoods - I have & do process this type material - I just recently incinerated 30 lbs of mixed IC chips - I am near completion of a new incinerator with reburner & baghouse & am having a new funace built for smelting that will hold a # 30 crucible - I buy chems by the 55 gal drum - I have local (town) & state ( DNR - Dept of Natural Resources) approval to do what I do - If you treat your waste right you should have very little you need to pay to get ride of (especially from this kind of material) - I have clients that provide me with CBs by the gaylord box (just took in 4 gaylords of high grade CBs from one client yesterday)

If your not getting right near 6 grams gold (or at the very least 5) from 1 Kg N/S bridges you are doing something wrong in your process

I have been working on e-scrap PM recovery & refining for going on 4 yrs now & a member of this forum for going on 3 yrs - I read the forum "every" day

I have no reason to bash you Eric - I live in the USA - you live in Canada - your not competition to what I do nor am I asking members to send me the same material

I am simply stating "what I Know" from my own work on this stuff (at least the N/S bridges) the N/S bridges I have run on there own - other chips I have run as mixed lots

If you are getting as little as 4 grams gold from 1 Kg N/S bridges you really need to look at your process & figure out what you are doing wrong - when I have done them I have gotten right close to 6 gr

Kurt

i am at a little lower than 5 g kilo , yield rom patnor confirm my own yield , you seem to be the only one that get those kind of number. but the fact isnt realy there. you come in my place saying my price is unfair, that im bad, and my business plan is wrong. do i go into your shop and tell your customer to not do business with you? there is no respect in what you did ... now if you cannot understand that part, this is the internet and i have not the capacity to refrain you to post that kind of unpleasant stuff here. i do not wish you a good day

Eric – I am sorry you feel that way but you are the one that asked for both positive &/or negative feed back --- you may be taking my feed back as negative – but really its not

As someone that is in this business legitimately I am trying to help you understand that though you have a business proposition in place - it is one that I feel is a bit flawed – please allow me to explain

First of all lets clear up the recovery data thing - the one & only time I processed N/S bridges by them selves was to get recovery data & I took every precaution to recover full value --- on 1 lb chip I got 2.87 (so I was close to 3 gr) now actual production is different so I can see some loss in production & I would agree that 5 gr per Kg is realistic for production numbers – so at 2 gr pay out that is about 60% (you) 40% (customer)

Now – IF – you were offering a small batch toll refining service 60/40 for 2 Kg would not be un-realistic – Also IF you were doing this as a toll refining service you should have a sliding pay out scale with a minimum (say the 2 Kg) were in you pay the customer a better rate for the more they send you – Example – 2 - 5 Kg then 5 – 10 Kg then 10 – 20 Kg and anything over 20 Kg --- Why – because time is the real cost factor here & you can do one 20 Kg batch in almost the same time as a 2 Kg – so it would take you 10 time longer to do ten 2 Kg batches compared to one 20 Kg batch & you want to pass that kind savings on to the customer & there by encourage customers to send you larger batches

However – you are not offering a small batch toll refine service – you are running a purchase to process business – which means you are going to buy from a number of individuals & then run them all together in one large batch – which means you are trying to capitalize on running a large batch refining business – but only pay out as a small batch toll refining service

I am not saying there is anything wrong with doing this Eric – what I am saying is that because you intend to take advantage of the time saving factor (which can be HUGE) by running large batch processing of small lots purchased together --- you need to pass that savings on to the customers you purchase from

Again Eric – please understand I am not trying to tell you how to do your thing – nor am I saying what & how you are doing it is wrong or unfair – rather I am trying to explain how many people before you have taken a hobby – turned it into a small business & then grown that small business into a large company

They have followed the known to work business model I just laid out & have done it on their own backs (working on narrow profit margins) not on the customers back – meaning you want your pricing to be such that it will attract, grow & keep your cliental & at the same time be competitive with already existing companies &/or companies that come behind you offering better deals

Kurt

Now Eric – speaking of competition – I want you to know that I fully intend to provide this very same service - & much more

Please understand this has nothing to do with a direct attack on you meaning I am not trying to steal your idea – undercut you &/or ruin you

Rather – it has everything to do with my own following the how to grow a hobby into a small business into a larger company model that I laid out in my previous post – this is something I have been working on for about 4 years now

In that 4 years I have taken it from a hobby to what you might call a part time side line business/hobby to a full time business/hobby to what is now a legitimate full time small business --- a legitimate small business that is growing its customer base on a regular bases (I am getting more & bigger clients weekly)

Processing the kind of material you are offering to process has been in my business plan all along – it is the very reason I am building the incinerator & having the furnace built that will take a #30 crucible (which I mentioned in a previous post) another words it is simply the next step in the business plan – which is to go from processing just my own stuff to being able to process other peoples stuff as well as my own

So as much as I did not plan to say anything about it here on the forum until it was actually up & running – I now feel it is only fair to you (as well as the members in general) that this is something I have been working on & mention that it is coming soon – very soon (another month or 2 at the most)

So Eric – to be completely fair to you I feel it is necessary to let you know that when I place my own ad here on the forum I will be offering to buy this same material & do so working on MUCH lower margins & it has nothing to do with a personal attack on you Eric --- I am simply following business models that are proven to succeed

Kurt

Am I missing something, I do not see where Eric has laid out a fee structure. There is not enough information in the posts to make a judgement call on the trade numbers. Has something been deleted? If so, it has removed any information value of this entire post. Deleting IS against the rules......

Back