Estimated yield for 10 kg mixed CPUs

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kjavanb123

All,

I got an offer from Liberia Africa, 2 kg (4.4 lbs) of green fibre CPUs at $20/ lbs, 11lbs of ceramic pentium CPUs at $45/lbs, and 6.61 lbs of Intel CPUs fiber at $29/lbs. What is the estimated yield from this lot?

Seller claims 200 kg (440lbs) of mixed CPUs per month. Here is a picture of mixed CPUs.

image.jpg

Regards,
Kevin

kjavanb123 said:
I got an offer from Liberia Africa

Enough said!

I would suggest giving your money to Red Cross, you would get a tax write off and your money might do some good.

Look at the gold deals in Liberia, the percentage that are scams, and ask yourself where they get that gold.

Go on youtube and check out all the youtube videos of e-waste being processed in West Africa, and ask yourself the question why would they cell the fiber and transitional CPUs to you, and not process them, themselves, in their own country.

If you found this deal on a trade site like Ali Babba, or TradeKey, or any other side similar, I can guarantee you it's fake.

If you are asked to provide your name, address, passport, etc etc etc and do, you will soon find your identity is worthless.

Scott

It looks like you will end up with somewhere around..... negative $800 after shipping.....

Thanks for advice guys, havent done anything with this offer yet, and no I havent sent out any personal info out.

kjavanb123 said:
Thanks for advice guys, havent done anything with this offer yet, and no I havent sent out any personal info out.

Kevin,

I noticed that you state you live in the USA, yet you type English as if you learned it in another country, and as a second language. As well, you express weights as Kg, not lbs, you are more used to the Metric system of measurement it would seem.

Also, in several of your posts you talk about doing business in other countries, notably those in South East Asia, the Middle East and Africa.

I live in the US myself, I was born here and grew up here. Even though I have conducted a lot of business in the past in the Middle East, and still do some business in that area of the world, as a US Citizen who was born here, and grew up here, it's still difficult.

So my question for you is this, what is your country of origin, and do you reside their currently? If you are from another area of the world, or you live there currently, there might be business opportunities you are overlooking. Instead of attempting to do business in Liberia, you might be missing far better opportunities with forum members just simply because you have not expressed where you originally are from, or may currently reside if not in the USA.

I can guess what country you are from, I am fairly sure, but I don't want to be wrong in a post and offend you.

Anyway, you might be missing an opportunity here, so the question is: Where are you from, where do you currently live, and what is your native language?

Scott

Hi,

I am an Iranian American, resided in the US for 12 years, worked as a software engineer, moved to Iran about 5 yrs ago, to pursue mining opps, did couple of yrs exporting mineral from Iran to China, and about 2 yrs on I starting interest in refining business started with. Catalyst converters, then exported them from Iran to Canada via Dubai due to sanctions, and about a year ago I have inehrited a large piece of land which sold it at high time here, and that got me a $500,000 capital which I have intented to put it in mining or metal recovery business as this field is my passion.
As i mentioned in my previous emails, willing to do joint venture with any of members if there are business opps related to metal recovery, or even mine tailing reprocessing.

Best regards,
Kevin

kjavanb123 said:
Hi,

I am an Iranian American, resided in the US for 12 years, worked as a software engineer, moved to Iran about 5 yrs ago, to pursue mining opps, did couple of yrs exporting mineral from Iran to China, and about 2 yrs on I starting interest in refining business started with. Catalyst converters, then exported them from Iran to Canada via Dubai due to sanctions, and about a year ago I have inehrited a large piece of land which sold it at high time here, and that got me a $500,000 capital which I have intented to put it in mining or metal recovery business as this field is my passion.
As i mentioned in my previous emails, willing to do joint venture with any of members if there are business opps related to metal recovery, or even mine tailing reprocessing.

Best regards,
Kevin

Kevin,

Thanks for the information. Like I said I have done a lot of business in the Middle East. I can tell you this, it's a lot easier to get material or products from Jordan to the US than from the UAE to United States. I understand that UAE is trying to become the biggest trade hub in the Middle East, for Europe, but for the US, we have a free trade agreement already in place with the country of Jordan. That makes a significant different when bringing material into the United States.

Also, Jordan, Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan all the way up into Russian and some of the Eastern Russian countries have larger amounts of used, older computers, many that are still being used. For older electronics, there is an opportunity in the Middle East to be sure. You can negotiate much better shipping prices if you are shipping material into the Middle East, and shipping material back. I have thought for a long time now that it might be lucrative to ship into some of the Middle Eastern countries, newer computer equipment and set up an exchange program where people would get a discount by returning older computer equipment when they purchase the newer equipment.

My Brother Inlaw has many relatives in Jordan, as well we own an olive oil press in Jordan. Instead of trying to find someone selling e-scrap, I think it would be far more profitable to create collection points in the Middle East, and either set up a processing facility in Jordan, or ship it to the US, or a combination of the two where the higher grade material is shipped to the US, and the lower grade is processed, or transported to someone else who can process it there.

Anyway, just a few ideas.

Scott

Scott,

Thanks for your informative posts, I did some research and realized SIMS recycling has a strong present in UAE, and they recycle materials locally and ship to smelters in UK.
Jordan, never thought about it, I had the impression that southern China and Ghana in Africa are the biggest ewaste landfill of the world.

Again thanks for your info
Kj

kjavanb123 said:
Scott,

Thanks for your informative posts, I did some research and realized SIMS recycling has a strong present in UAE, and they recycle materials locally and ship to smelters in UK.
Jordan, never thought about it, I had the impression that southern China and Ghana in Africa are the biggest ewaste landfill of the world.

Again thanks for your info
Kj

You will never be able to purchase e-waste from any location in West Africa, it's all processed there. It's shipped there, for the most part, illegally as used computer systems to benefit the people who reside in those countries, but it's really being shipped there to process. After the gold is recovered, the "gold dust" is often used in the scams you commonly find being offered on sites like Ali Baba, and TradeKey, etc.

China as well has been buying huge amounts of e-scrap for years now, when I was really active in international trade I was selling 40ft containers of e-scrap to China on a weekly basis. China as well is not a place you will be able to purchase scrap from.

So far as processing e-waste, you can be assured no matter how "honest" the company is, if you are not representing or having someone represent your e-scrap at the refinery, you will be ripped off. Even if you are representing it, you need to do so properly and need to understand the correct questions to ask, and when to insinuate yourself, observe the operation and understand what is happening, otherwise again, you will be ripped off. It's just a simple fact of life.

The reason I suggested Jordan is because there are a lot of older computers that people are still using, that have better yields than newer computer systems. There might be an opportunity to sell newer computer systems and receive the older ones while doing so. If the computer systems are broken down in Jordan, you can have the higher grade material shipped to the US to process and not worry about the taxes, as the US signed it's 3rd free trade agreement with the country of Jordan. Jordan and the US are very friendly towards each other. In that way, shipping to the US you could more easily represent the material, and ensure you are getting all the value.

I wouldn't have any scrap processed in the UAE, ever. They don't actually do the processing there, it's shipped off, and there is no guarantee they are even paying you out on what your material yields, most likely they see it as purchasing scrap from you, and will pay you whatever they want, not to mention the length of time it would take to transact a deal of that nature, it's my understanding if you are having it processed in the UAE (which is processed in China) you will not see a pay out for 2-3 months at least.

Scott

Scott, I see you mention alibaba quite often.
Just wanted to say that thieves are everywhere but I would not entirely dismiss alibaba only because of some scam which is going on there. If you do your homework properly you can get incredible deals as that site is a hub or ebay of asian manufacturers.
I did many deals and numerous purchases over there being burned only once as I did it in a hurry and did not follow my own rules. Most of stuff I use or sell comes from alibaba and I got it for fraction of price one will pay in his respective country.
If you are concerned and want to be safe you use their offshoot aliexpress which deals in smaller quantities as alibaba is for manufacturers and huge quantities are required. Also aliexpress use alipay which is simillar to paypal yet they release funds to seller only when buyer confirm that they are happy with and received whatever they bought there.
Alibaba, aliexpress and alipay are essentially what ebay and paypal is. They do have some issues but the same we face using ebay and paypal.

patnor1011 said:
Scott, I see you mention alibaba quite often.
Just wanted to say that thieves are everywhere but I would not entirely dismiss alibaba only because of some scam which is going on there. If you do your homework properly you can get incredible deals as that site is a hub or ebay of asian manufacturers.
I did many deals and numerous purchases over there being burned only once as I did it in a hurry and did not follow my own rules. Most of stuff I use or sell comes from alibaba and I got it for fraction of price one will pay in his respective country.
If you are concerned and want to be safe you use their offshoot aliexpress which deals in smaller quantities as alibaba is for manufacturers and huge quantities are required. Also aliexpress use alipay which is simillar to paypal yet they release funds to seller only when buyer confirm that they are happy with and received whatever they bought there.
Alibaba, aliexpress and alipay are essentially what ebay and paypal is. They do have some issues but the same we face using ebay and paypal.

I should clarify...

So long as you are doing business with a manufacturer, Ali Baba is a great place. But if you are trying to purchase scrap, or any other commodity often sold via brokers, you are looking at a very high percentage of these types of transactions as being fake, or outright lies.

But if your intent is to purchase raw materials such as copper ingots for example, no issues there usually, or if you are looking to buy some major equipment or machinery, no problem there either. I have also conducted a lot of business via Ali Baba, and am a charter member of the site myself. But honestly, there are probably more scams that are conducted through that site and TradeKey than any other way on the internet today.

Scott

All,

Thanks for your prompt advice on dealing with suppliers in Africa, this dude has stopped emails and phone calls, since I told her I cant send dollars unless I see everything. What a scammer.

Regards,
Kevin

Kevin,
I can't quickly find your post about that recycling operation which you took over. It would really help if you try to contain your adventures in one post, it will benefit mainly you. It get little bit frustrating to go through 15 threads all practically about one thing.
Anyway, here is video I uploaded here couple years back about my friend's electronic recycling business, I cant find subtitles I did but maybe I will get them in few days. It is in slovak language but it will show you what he do and what he got in terms of hardware needed. Note that he is not really refining, the closest to that he do some sampling just to know better what he send away for sale or processing.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ix_uG64H_3Y&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

i live in belgium and i mined in west africa gold and diamond im telling you this be aware of west africans do not believe them

Back