Ore with Gold, Rhodium, Palladium, Platinum, and Silver - split from Welcome to all Newbies

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BOBMINE

Hello just signed up I have a questain for this forum what would be the next step for refining crushed ore that I put into 100 mil of aqua regia the crushed ore contains gold rhodium palladium platinum and silver with other metals present the aqua regia turned into a dark brownish reddish color ????

BOBMINE said:
Hello just signed up I have a questain for this forum what would be the next step for refining crushed ore that I put into 100 mil of aqua regia the crushed ore contains gold rhodium palladium platinum and silver with other metals present the aqua regia turned into a dark brownish reddish color ????

Why would you jump into your first step, without knowing the rest of your steps?

This question will probably get moved by the moderators to the "Prospecting, Mining, Ore Concentrates & Geochemical" section.

1)Capturing metal values in ores with Aqua Regia is a bad idea. It just makes a mess. Your red color is likely due to iron chemicals which are common in many ores. If you had asked first or consulted someone who knew, you would have been recommended not to do this.
2) Most ores have ppm quantities of precious metals. The amount of metal from using 100 ml of AR will be a speck weighing perhaps a couple thousandths of a gram, even if you are successful. Most gold ores take many tons of rock to produce even one ounce of gold.

Another dream of riches crushed Chris :roll:
In honesty Bobmine got some very sound advice and perhaps a wake up call.
I keep hoping one of our mining memebers makes it and finds a decent ore to work with and we can see the progress first hand.

Back