Titration of ammonia and thiosulfate

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tesaygo

Hello Guys,

I was conducting by myself an experimentation using ammonia, Thiosulfate, for treating a copper in a gold-copper ore. Doing direct cyanidation for gold will consume alot of cyanide.
I know the there's different ways to deal with copper in a gold ore. Such as, using H2SO4, Ammonia, Thiosulfate, floatation and etc.

Right now what i knew only is only H2SO4, Ammonia, and currently studying using thiosulfate.
My question is how to determine the free ammonia in the solution as well as thiosulfate?
Further question is does mixing sodium cyanide and ammonia can reduce the consumption of cyanide?
Does the titration of Ammonia +cyanide will be still the same using KI + Silver nitrate?

Is anybody here can provide me a simple and detailed information about this process.
I just like to learn all possible ways to deal with gold-copper ore. So for me have a option which is the best suitable way and economical.

Thanks alot guys, and for Sir Deano. looking forward.

Thanks Sir Lino for the tips. If you don't mind do you have some refference for me to read those procedure.
Anyway do you know how to determine the free ammonia and thiosulfate in the solution?

Thiosulfate is titrated with Iodine solution. Ammonia is more complicated, with hypobromite - look for Nessler method

Back