Need info on acids plz.

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Froggy

Hi guys, I will be using a combo of muriatic (HCL) 50% and h20 50% with action minings cls 26p to process my cats, i have a well vented garage ( it only goes back about 10ft) with a full opening, i 'm thinking of running a large fan also. I will be using gloves, eye protection and a mask, but i still dont know how bad this stuff can be? vapors messing with anyone next door, kids in the street? I will try to put lids on everything. I just read about AR, and i dont want anything to do with it. (with the experience I have,and my cheap set up. Any comments would be greatly appreciated, Frog

Froggy,
I don't think the fumes will be that bad.
Then again that depends on how close
your neighbors are, and if they are
complainers. I would just try small batches
first for testing anyway just to see what to
expect. I never had any problems with the
CLS solution. AR is another story, I am not
going to do anything on a large scale with
that untill I set up my fume hood.
Jim

Thx, there are plenty of interesting methods, i'm going for the simple newbie "Dont melt your lungs and fry your eye technique", as i get things going i will further investigate techniques and equipment, I kinda like the super critcal water thingy, too bad we havnt heard anymore from that guy that was trying to make a small scale system,,, what do you think about hooking up the cans (convertres) to elec. and running the current through them to heat them up? seems like an easy way to do it? i didnt make it to my buddies house to steam clean them, but I will, frog

Since the PGM's are on the honeycomb as a washcoat
you may blast them off by steam cleaning or power
washing them. They say that the fines have the highest
content of PGM's, and they will be blown away and lost
pretty easily. Maybe if you do that save the water and test
it some how or filter it.
Jim

Froggy said:
I kinda like the super critcal water thingy, too bad we havnt heard anymore from that guy that was trying to make a small scale system

I have everything except the reaction vessel. I was leaning toward some experiments but have found an easier way to achieve this i think.
Don't tell J.M. it will break their heart. lol

I was thinking of a light washing, I wouldnt want to "peel the paint off" so does anyone have an opinion onjust hooking the cans up to elec. and just let er' rip till the cans are roasty red, and blow some air through them? And as far as J.M goes, my lips are sealed, but I would like to be your first customer...

Back