safty and Saltwater/H-peroxide?

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arcani

i have a strong vent go'n but i was wondering what problems could come up with dissolving gold plated items in salt water and H202. I have been playing with SS anode and cathode and cell phone charger as well.

eny safty tips? :)

started going green , so i turned off the cell phone charger. i figure this is chlorine saturation? i will edit in pic soon.

Oh sorry !

ThePierCer, I badly translated... In french, the word flammable doesn't exist but the word inflammable means flammable :lol:

It means the same in english It's a common error by english speaking folk(americans/canadians mostly, sorry guys but it's true) so they're(english speaking countries) slowly moving away from using it.

capable of being set on fire; combustible; flammable.

Inflammable and flammable both mean “combustible.” Inflammable is the older by about 200 years. Flammable now has certain technical uses, particularly as a warning on vehicles carrying combustible materials, because of a belief that some might interpret the intensive prefix in- of inflammable as a negative prefix and thus think the word means “noncombustible.” Inflammable is the word more usually used in nontechnical and figurative contexts: The speaker ignited the inflammable emotions of the crowd.

If you watch the show simpsons This discussion will remind you of the episode where Homer has his thumb cut off

Dr. Nick: Inflammable means flammable? What a country!

I know about the electrolysis method, but never used it for gold or silver. I used it as a make-shift coin cleaner using an AC to DC converter, but only used salt water. What does the H peroxide do? Just curious!!
Gold Nut

Back