Respirators and Masks, advice needed for working with AR

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Good day, I am obviously a "noob" but have been studying the chemistry and procedures involved in AR digestion of gold, and nitric acid digestion/ recovery of silver.

Could anyone kindly recommend to me advice on face masks/respirators to use when working with AR or Nitric acid fumes? I eventually planning on rigging up a fume hood, but in the meantime is a good respirator a good substitute?

Thanks !

Yes !
It's a good idea.

I'm using a 3M full face respirator (6800 series) with acid gas cartridges.

If I remember correctly, I posted a thread about it a while back. Use the search button.

I hope it helps.

Thanks :) I'm looking into it. The scenario I picture is me, in a small backyard under 1/2 acre, with respirator on. I know wind conditions will vary, but for moderate amounts of AR (a few quarts) do you think that the fumes will be noticed by neighbors? With that sort of wind dispersion, would it be of harm ?

I take personal safety seriously but I'd hate to ruin my neighbor's days ;-)

kamals said:
Thanks :) I'm looking into it. The scenario I picture is me, in a small backyard under 1/2 acre, with respirator on. I know wind conditions will vary, but for moderate amounts of AR (a few quarts) do you think that the fumes will be noticed by neighbors? With that sort of wind dispersion, would it be of harm ?

I take personal safety seriously but I'd hate to ruin my neighbor's days ;-)

Pink shirt guy?

[img:640:433]http://www.russellheimlich.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/pinkshirtguy.jpg[/img]

Back