Iodine - Chelates heavy metals in your body

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OrygunSunset

In this vein of adventure or line of work or hobby, we are exposed sometimes unknowingly to a lot of nasty stuff.

One extra line of defense is an under looked but vital element to human metabolism and life - Iodine - In America many people are deficient or are running on fumes is a good way to put it - stress leaches the Iodine from our systems vis-a-via Thyroid metabolism and the hormones that it controls an releases.

Many think that we get enough from the salt on our foods. In the late 60's we switched from cleaning up for milk production and bread making we switched from Iodine to bromine as disinfectant and dough conditioner.

They following is not medical advice and can be taken with a grain of salt. Just some food for thought.

Let me start by stating that I am not a Chemist - But I am studying to work in Medicine.

I started researching Iodine last fall - Probably 150 hours just on Iodine alone.

Iodine is the Heaviest Halogen that has the highest melting and boiling points and is the least electronegative ( beside Astine which is ultra rare)

Your body has to have Iodine and Chlorine for metabolic processes and you cannot live with out either one.

Fluorine and Bromine - You can live without.

Since Iodine is the Heaviest it is displaced from the Human body by the lighter Halogens Br, Cl and Fl respectively.

The receptors on the Thyroid get filled and displace Iodine with lighter Halogens.

I know that we get Iodine from Iodized salt - which is kind of a silly vehicle if you think about it from a Chemical perspective.

NaCl delivers I Cl on a mole level has 30,000 atoms for every one Iodine atom. As well Cl competes for absorption in the GI track.

Yet the human body is much like a Car engine - which any mechanic can attest that it can run under a wide range of conditions. The Human body is the same and it recycles what it can of Iodine, we get just enough to stop us from getting goiters and having our offspring develop as cretins with retardation. Areas of the US that used to be goiter belts The Great lakes, the Missoula flood plains, anywhere the topsoil was striped by glaciers.

Iodine has key roles in every thing from your immune system to components of your tears, saliva, semen , vaginal fluids, mucous and mucus membranes. It plays a key role in Apoptosis of mutant cells ( bad DNA transcription - sometimes cancerous cells) It is critical to heart beat, muscle contraction. Dry mouth, cold feet, chilled, brain fogs, fatigue, lethargy can all be due to a lack of Iodine.

One key role that Iodine plays for what we do in refining Gold and PM is that it chelate's the Heavy metals, Mercury, Lead, etc Aiding in removal from our bodies.

I could go on and on. Funny thing is that the Pharmaceuticals can't patent an Element.

By the way in the 1930's a Pharmaceutical company bought a medical iodine solution and filed it away.

In my studies, I now ask why we put Mercury in fillings, and brush and seal our teeth with a toxin that is only slightly less toxic than Arsenic.

Sodium fluoride (NaF) and sodium fluosilicate (Na2SiF6) area "general protoplasmic poison." When present as a soluble salt, it is readily absorbed from the alimentary tract. A 2 per cent solution of sodium fluoride kills mucosal cells, and its ingestion leads to a severe hemorrhagic gastroenteritis; in part this corrosiveness is due to a toxic action on mucosal capillaries and is seen even after parenteral administration. Hydrofluoric acid is corrosive even on intact skin, where it causes painful penetrating ulcers which heal slowly.
The systemic actions of fluoride are presumably related to the inhibition of one or more enzymes controlling cellular glycolysis (and perhaps respiration) and to the binding or precipitation of calcium as CaF2. (from a manual on Clinical Toxicology of Commercial Products)

Their is enough SF in a 1/2 tube of toothpaste to kill a small child (Funny No poison labels or skull and crossbones ) It is much more lethal than lead.

Since 1945 we have been attacking cavities with fluoride, this is like Chemo for cavities - The difference in cavities in populations with Fl in the water and not is about one cavity. Both with and with out regular dental visits.

Fluoride is slightly less toxic than Cyanide.

[\RANT OFF] I could go on and on, but I will not. Yes the Feds as of Aug 07, Iodine is a controlled items large purposes with need are tracked.

I have been supplementing with Iodine since last November, first with a tablet and then with Lugols Solution Orally or I will paint the bottom of one foot ( I alternate then take about 4-5 days break 4-5 days on 4-5 days off, by the way if you have fungus problem or yellow brittle toenails, paint them with Tincture of Iodine is one thing that I have read - none of this is meant at medical advise.

Your body only absorbs the Iodine that it needs, when take orally excess Iodine pass in your urine. The Japanese people Iodine intake is 13,000 that of our RDA/RDI. They rank in the top 1-2 in longevity among the the industrialized world. I could go on.

My point if your looking to buy Iodine vis-a-via Lugols Solution which is 5% I /10% KI.

I was able to buy 2 16oz bottles of Lugols Strong Iodine Solutionfrom Wal-mart for about $34 each - Special order - I talked with the Pharmacist. Without reason need- you are limited to 1oz of Lugols Strong solution and from JCrows it is about $28 + shipping.

I special ordered lugol's solution from Wal-Mart pharmacy. The price was $28 & tax for 1 pint. Since it seems like people are having a hard time finding it I will try giving you the brand. It is Humco, Strong Iodine Solution, Quality Rx Prescription, Lugol's Solution. It contains 5% iodine, 10% pot. io-dide, pur. water. Says can be used internally.

Walgreens, and other Pharmacies have the Tincture of Iodine - I am unsure of the alcohol base I have heard wood alcohol or methanol, I have no proof.

I know that Rite Aid - carries a decolorized Iodine - they add ammonia to decolonize it, but add some H202 (3% HYDROGEN PEROXIDE) it will bring the color right back or if you add a few drops of I2 to water and add a capful of H202 it will cause the color to disappear.

I am unsure of what chemical reaction is taking place.

For the Chemist on the board: I ask if my chemistry is sound and logical. This was what won me over was the common sense and no super duper wonder product being hyped just a lowly element and about 70 Doctors and Private researchers.

The Iodine supplementation is only an extra line of protection to the extra chemicals that the general public isn't knowingly exposed to.

I do know that some people with Hyperthyroidism can react negatively to Iodine - Yet up until the mid 1960's almost all Hypo + Hyper Thyrodism was treated with Lugol's Solution. Today they just destroy the overact Thyroid with radioactive Iodine, and put a person on a synthetic thyroid for life.

I will also post under Safety for others consideration. @ Mods if this is out of line please let me know.

Btw I have learned more in a short time here, the access to the digital Library, and the excellent GRFH VOl 1 is an excellent primer - I haven't had a chance to dig in to Hoke yet, I have a ton of info, I am taking a Metal working class and a Blacksmithing class at my local community college to broaden my knowledge, I think that I might look into some advanced Chem classes this summer, it is easier to think outside the box and tackle a problem with more foundation.

Part II: This is short and sweet : and excellent chemical background and what drops what as well as what is poisonous, toxic and lethal and by what means. It is an older book from 1887 - but it looks very familiar to the techniques that I read and have seen here on the board. As well as a Healthy respect for what is deadly)

I have only read over about 30 pages but I think that it could be a good starting place for newbies - I not sure how much Chemistry has changed in 121 years, I know that medicine has but most of the medical information appears to be correct information. I think that having some of the antidotes to combat an accidentmight be wisdom for some of the more lethal stuff.

It is a free PDF download from google books it is large 67mb -

Forensic Medicine and Toxicology
By William Bathurst Woodman, Charles Meymott Tidy

DL LINK: http://books.google.com/books/pdf/F...anOcqP9vnucJZ6AdA0&source=gbs_summary_r&cad=0

Chapters four
[IMG:150:106]http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/4850/05202008220715oc1.th.jpg[/img]
[IMG:150:106]http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/8615/05202008221358se7.th.jpg[/img]

Let's not forget about chaperon elements either.

Most importantly, Indium. This is the type of element that helps other elements enter critical systems in our bodies. In most children a small presence of Indium is found, but after we leave our mid-to-late 20's there isn't even a trace of it in most Americans. It's a rare element, but one of the most overlooked and very important to Human Biology.

Two other major deficiencies are Selenium and Magnesium. 98% of us are deficient in all three of the elements stated.

Indium drops can be ordered and probably acquired at health food stores.
Selenium and Magnesium can be ingested via nuts and seeds.
Most notably The Brazil Nut, and Pumpkin Seeds.

I've listened to lectures that state if we increased Selenium intake by eating Brazil Nuts and Pumpkin Seeds that over half of all cancers would just disappear...

Just beware of The Brazil Nut, they pack so much Selenium that you can actually poison yourself with them! So try not to munch on them all day, perhaps a handful or three a week would make a profound difference I'm sure.

THIS IS NOT MEDICAL ADVICE!!!

Back