Is this kind of goggle mask and Industrial Nose Mask RECOMMENDED

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

realtechedo

Just want to know if this kind of face goggle mask and the industrial nose mask is recommended especially with chemicals like HCL, Nitric Acid, HCL+Bleach and other chemicals one will encounter when doing recovering and refining your PM. Please, NOTE. I do not have a fume-hood and I think I will be doing most processes outside the house or apartment.. I await your candid advice.. Thanks and God bless you all...

Attachments

• Industrial-Safety-Nose-Mask-6192234.jpg
    Industrial-Safety-Nose-Mask-6192234.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 176
  • Protection-Filter-Double-Gas-Mask-Chemical-Gas-Respirator-Face-Mask-Goggles-Well-Sell-Free-Shi...jpg
    Protection-Filter-Double-Gas-Mask-Chemical-Gas-Respirator-Face-Mask-Goggles-Well-Sell-Free-Shi...jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 176
Hi

The mask I guess is only good with hcl fumes. It can not prevent nox to go through your lungs.

Your bet is to have fume hood which is connected to fume scrubber.

Search posts by "kurtak" or "4metals" for fume hood design.

Goggles are good a little bit overboard but it is good.

Regards
Kj

Hello,
Goggles are a good idea- they give much better protection from splashing than glasses. The mask however is only good for HCL fumes if you have the correct filter cartridges. There are no filter masks of any kind than will keep you safe from Nitric (NOx) fumes. That includes fumes from AR as well. Running reactions outdoors can still expose you to nasty fumes and vapors. A fume scrubber is your best bet. I am glad you are taking your safety into account but don't forget that you may be protecting yourself but still be putting others at risk.
Good luck.

bigpagoda said:
Hello,
Goggles are a good idea- they give much better protection from splashing than glasses. The mask however is only good for HCL fumes if you have the correct filter cartridges. There are no filter masks of any kind than will keep you safe from Nitric (NOx) fumes. That includes fumes from AR as well. Running reactions outdoors can still expose you to nasty fumes and vapors. A fume scrubber is your best bet. I am glad you are taking your safety into account but don't forget that you may be protecting yourself but still be putting others at risk.
Good luck.

Thanks and God bless you. Captured all you said.

Back