GFCI outlets

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Williamjf77

Hello I’m new and have read a lot here, only done a few experiments so far but have decided to stop and re - implement a better safer workplace now that winter is here.

So I thought I could make a small contribution even if it’s obvious, having a GFCI outlet or adapter on hot plates or bubblers especially if leaving unattended.

I used to do pcb etching with AP and it is ungodly slow so I would put an aquarium heater in the solution and bubbler and come back later, once to find the heater glass split in 2 but the GFCI tripped and I had no incident.
Honestly I only used it because I needed a three way adapter but now for anything I leave unattended I use it and even if I’m watching it.

IF, your wiring is up to code, the first outlet on every circuit will be a GFI outlet. If it's not up to code then yes it is good advice to add one.

Yeah I just thought with a lot of the safety posts mostly about the chemicals and fumes , etc that the gfi outlet could use a header of its own.

I’m not sure of code but common is gfi only in bathroom and kitchen, I just always use a GFCI pigtail in my garage.

Garage???? I hope you are not refining in your garage without a fume hood. Being as you are posting about safety you are more than likely aware of the dangers of refining indoors. If not please read up on various topics in the Safety section of the forum.

Stay safe my friend!
Dennis

Williamjf77 said:
Hello I’m new and have read a lot here, only done a few experiments so far but have decided to stop and re - implement a better safer workplace now that winter is here.

So I thought I could make a small contribution even if it’s obvious, having a GFCI outlet or adapter on hot plates or bubblers especially if leaving unattended.

I used to do pcb etching with AP and it is ungodly slow so I would put an aquarium heater in the solution and bubbler and come back later, once to find the heater glass split in 2 but the GFCI tripped and I had no incident.
Honestly I only used it because I needed a three way adapter but now for anything I leave unattended I use it and even if I’m watching it.

When I need electric power in the patio, I run an extension into a GFCI into a triple-tap which feeds my stereo and the multi-outlet strip for the bench. I'm more worried about rain than anything else. When I run chemical reactions, I'll be moving them to a more open area of the patio, but this makes me wonder...

...if I play acid rock on the stereo, will it help the chemical reactions in the beakers? :lol:

-- Thipdar

Back