Abrasive Chopsaw Blades Made in China

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

A word of caution for those of you using abrasive chop saws, last evening while using mine a made in China abrasive blade came apart at the seams.

My left index finger took a beating, the wounds looked like raw hamburger, anyhow we're all disinfected and stitched up with a fresh tetanus shot and a bottle of antibiotics.

This morning when I examined the remainder of the blade, I found that a piece of the abrasive disk sandwiched between the fiber mesh had let go. The fiber mesh mat was still there and I was able to peel this away from the remainder of the disk with out resistance. A very poor adhesion.

My saw is a 10 hp three phase unit running through a roto-phase, no dead man switch, the blades I use are 20 inch when new.

Any new blades I purchase will have to be manufactured to ANSI standards, the Chinese can keep their junk.

I've heard of this happening especially with blades that have taken moisture, or are clogged with metals. The Chinese junk connection is new to me but not surprising.

Glad your injuries are not more severe. When those blades shatter they can kill a man.

Back