Ludigol, m-nbss

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Franciz

I am so tired after searching information on the internet and asking my local chemical supplier for nearly 2 weeks so i decided to start this thread to see if anyone knows this stuff and have used it before.

I am looking to buy Ludigol/m-nbss/Resist Salt for my cyanide gold stripping process for gold plated item. I have recently brought it and it came as a pure white fine powder but this powder don't works for me, It stripped the gold but it forms tiny jelly form crystal straight away after it stripped the gold.

I done some research on the internet and found out that there is alots of m-nbss with difference names, colour and cas no.
http://www.chemindustry.com/chemicals/0603239.html
http://www.chemindustry.com/chemicals/0603227.html
There is even Ludigol F?
IUPAC Name:sodium 2-nitrobenzenesulfonate
CAS Number: 27215-71-0

I am confused and don't know which type of ludigol i should use so that i can strip the gold and successfully Zinc out the gold.
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

If anyone here have use this stuff to strip gold and know what it is actually please kindly tell me.
If you have brought it and used it before with success please post the web link here.

I have read GSP thread, http://www.prochemicalanddye.com/product.php?productid=16167&cat=0&page=1 It is Ludigol F.
But will it works? anyone try before?

Teacher Chris, Harold and Anyone here who has used this stuff before, Any idea?

Thanks and Best Regards,
Francis

Franciz:

I have used m-nbss and works lovely,Ludigol is the same than m-nbss and it is used in textile industry but you have to know that there are other components that you have to add to your cyanide stripping solution,I have posted the formulation here in the Forum as "stabilized cyanide".If you can not find it please let me know,with pleasure I repost it for you.

By the way,do you really live in Vietnam? If you would live closer to me(I live in Mexico) then with pleasure I give to you 200 gr of m-nbss.

Kindest regards.

Manuel

Juan Manuel Arcos Frank said:
Franciz:

I have used m-nbss and works lovely,Ludigol is the same than m-nbss and it is used in textile industry but you have to know that there are other components that you have to add to your cyanide stripping solution,I have posted the formulation here in the Forum as "stabilized cyanide".If you can not find it please let me know,with pleasure I repost it for you.

By the way,do you really live in Vietnam? If you would live closer to me(I live in Mexico) then with pleasure I give to you 200 gr of m-nbss.

Kindest regards.

Manuel

Dear Juan,

Thanks for your kindness, I have found the thread. I got my m-nbss from textile chemical supplier but it is white in color.
Does the lead oxide really a need? I have no problem stripping the gold just that the solution forms tiny jelly crystal floating around and the solution turns orange after leaving overnight with zinc plate hanging.
http://goldrefiningforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=13594

I am from asia and would be happy if you would be able to shipped the powder for me to try, For the shipping cost, i can use my paypal account to send you.

Best Regs..
Francis

Franciz I always find the m-nbss needs to be dissolved in very hot/ boiling water to get it into solution easily so I boil my water add the m-nbss allow to cool and then add the cyanide crystals, I keep the solution warm while stripping. Have you tried dropping more gold out of your solution after decanting and filtering the powder out,warming the solution I find helps the precipitation as does some stirring to expose as much solution to the zinc dust as possible. Allow it to settle decant and filter the powder and test to see if you have any gold in the second drop, the colour of the solution may be nothing to do with it containing gold so this might tell you whether you still have values there. Heating the solution may also get the lumps to redissolve as may just adding some more hot water to your solution.
Good luck with this, I'm sure we will find the answer to this for you but as GSP said patience.

nickvc said:
Franciz I always find the m-nbss needs to be dissolved in very hot/ boiling water to get it into solution easily so I boil my water add the m-nbss allow to cool and then add the cyanide crystals, I keep the solution warm while stripping. Have you tried dropping more gold out of your solution after decanting and filtering the powder out,warming the solution I find helps the precipitation as does some stirring to expose as much solution to the zinc dust as possible. Allow it to settle decant and filter the powder and test to see if you have any gold in the second drop, the colour of the solution may be nothing to do with it containing gold so this might tell you whether you still have values there. Heating the solution may also get the lumps to redissolve as may just adding some more hot water to your solution.
Good luck with this, I'm sure we will find the answer to this for you but as GSP said patience.

Dear Nickvc,

I boil hot tap water and pour to dissolved it with cyanide then straight away i strip the gold. It forms crystals onces the gold stripped.
Yes i have tried to zinc the solution again but there is no gold out.
I am going to try heat the solution when i got hotplate tomorrow as i sent it for repair.
Do you mean the color of the solution has nothing to do with even the gold is out or still in the solution?

Thanks,
Francis

Back