Nitric Acid Source in South Florida

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rybak97

Does anyone have a local source in South Florida (Fort Lauderdale area) for nitric acid? Ive been using dudadiesel but am looking at getting a larger volume for my next order. If anyone would like to split a barrel with me please PM me. Thanks.

I got my 15 gallon drum from a place in Miami. It is called; BC Scientific

Stacy Gallowhur

[email protected]
800-967-5316, Ext 401
305-324-0808, Ext 401
305-324-8858 Fax
www.bcscientific.com

I still have the drum. I need to return it to get my $250 deposit back.

Regards,
Tom

metatp said:
I got my 15 gallon drum from a place in Miami. It is called; BC Scientific

Stacy Gallowhur

[email protected]
800-967-5316, Ext 401
305-324-0808, Ext 401
305-324-8858 Fax
http://www.bcscientific.com

I still have the drum. I need to return it to get my $250 deposit back.

Regards,
Tom

Which one did you go for? There are about 100 on the Nitric Acid page and they are labled very poorly! Do you have the code #? How much did you pay?

I actually called them. I bought mine a couple of years ago. The price was only $135 for 15 gallons, but there was a $250 deposit for the drum, $26 Haz Mat fee, and about $125 to deliver it (because they needed to send it in a truck with a lift). If you have it delivered to a warehouse type dock, the shipping would have been less.

Again, this was 2 years ago.

No luck. They don't sell to individuals and won't ship to non warehouse space. Not cool. Any other local suppliers?

Bryan -

FYI - I've converted over 300 ozt of sterling to 999+ silver in the last 3 months and have only used about 3.5 gallons of 68% Nitric acid. I was fortunate in that Goldsilverpro referred me to a place here in Houston that had it for a little over $6 a gallon. I had to pay a $275 deposit on a SS drum but once home I filled my vessels and returned the drum and got the deposit back.

I don't know how long nitric will keep but I wouldn't get more than I could use over a 4 or 5 month period simply from the safety standpoint.

Also, using something like a watch glass to cover the dissolving vessel will save a LOT of nitric. The reflux action will probably save 25% or maybe more on the amount needed. You need something with a curved bottom so the condensate will drip back into the solution.

Mike

mikeinkaty said:
Bryan -

FYI - I've converted over 300 ozt of sterling to 999+ silver in the last 3 months and have only used about 3.5 gallons of 68% Nitric acid. I was fortunate in that Goldsilverpro referred me to a place here in Houston that had it for a little over $6 a gallon. I had to pay a $275 deposit on a SS drum but once home I filled my vessels and returned the drum and got the deposit back.

I don't know how long nitric will keep but I wouldn't get more than I could use over a 4 or 5 month period simply from the safety standpoint.

Also, using something like a watch glass to cover the dissolving vessel will save a LOT of nitric. The reflux action will probably save 25% or maybe more on the amount needed. You need something with a curved bottom so the condensate will drip back into the solution.

Mike

Hi again Mike,

Yeah, I have these large 7 gallon buckets that were originally used to store pills in that have a screw on lid that’s convex on the inside. The lid of the bucket acts as the watch glass and it works great.

Dudadiesel has a good deal on 10L's of Nitric, but I imagine it’s much more expensive than if I sourced it locally. I’m going to keep trying local sources and see what I can come up with.

Thanks Mike.

mikeinkaty said:
I found a new source of nitric last summer, so I used up the last part of the nitric I bought 1988. No discernible difference compared with the new nitric while dissolving silver. Just store it in a dark bottle, it decomposes by light.
I only had to switch container a couple of years ago, the rubber seal turned into a black goo.

Göran

I got mine at this place. The drum was supposed to be 5 gallons but it filled up 6 gallon jugs plus 1 pint. Heck of a deal! If you make a trip to Houston bring a bunch of acid jugs! (or buy them there at about $7 apiece). You can take the drum across the street to a parking lot, fill up your jugs, then take the drum back for the deposit. Federal law prevents them from selling it in anything but a SS container. They will loan you a plastic shutoff valve/spout or you can buy one. Goran - I keep mine in glass and plastic jugs outside in two plastic garbage cans with the lids on. Good to know about the lifetime. Thanks! Mike

Scan000012.jpg

Bam!

http://www.advance-scientific.com/

$45/2.5L which comes out to $18/L. Im happy with that. Local pickup, no shipping, no waiting. Very nice.

rybak97 said:
Bam!

$45/2.5L which comes out to $18/L. Im happy with that. Local pickup, no shipping, no waiting. Very nice.
What part number is that? I couldn't find that price on their website.

Thanks,
Tom

metatp said:
rybak97 said:
Bam!

Thanks,
Tom

Neither could I Tom. I just called them and they told me they only stock 67% ACS grade reagent in the 2.5L bottles, 4 per case. Give them a call, they were very easy to deal with.

Hello everybody,
Did anybody bought recently nitric acid from a supplier from Florida? I am trying to find one but no luck!
Thank you very much !

Please, one post is enough. I have deleted your other two posts.

While you are waiting for an answer, take some time and read up on the rules of the forum.

Welcome to the forum.

Göran

No answer! I guess two more post will increase my chances to receive an answer, also I don't know what harm my 2 post will do to this forum! Thanks for doing your job mein fuhrer!

You make me laugh. Tell me something. If you walk into a bar and have a go at the bouncers after theyve politely explained things to you what do you think is likely to happen?

You're the one wanting help from here and yet you behave like a douche.

Ever used Google?

That was funny!

We don't like stupid people, calling a moderator for mein fuhrer is stupid. :lol:

... and he is bounced...

He should have used the correct form "mein Führer" and he might have been allowed to stay... or not. :mrgreen:

Göran

rybak97 said:
metatp said:
rybak97 said:
Bam!

Thanks,
Tom

Neither could I Tom. I just called them and they told me they only stock 67% ACS grade reagent in the 2.5L bottles, 4 per case. Give them a call, they were very easy to deal with.

That had to be pick up price. Their website list 2.5L for $149.65 each. Hazmat shipping is a killer. These are the guys I deal with https://www.yelp.com/biz/greenway-chemical-co-knoxville It's still about 350 miles from where I live. Dudadiesel is just a couple of miles from me but I have to have my own carboy.

Back