Brand New Gold Recovery and Refiner

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dandm0117

I have been using muratic acid and hydrogen peroxide. I filter all the gold flakes out of the solution. Now what?

Welcome to the forum.
What mix of HCl and peroxide are you using and at what strength ?
We are trying to stop telling newbies to stop, read and research but there is a good reason to do so.
There are many methods you can employ now to refine your gold but I have no clue what reactants you have apart from HCl and peroxide, which at the right strength will dissolve your gold, also adding bleach to HCl will also dissolve the gold, both methods release toxic and or deadly fumes.
Do you have some stannous made to chech your solutions, this is very important because without it you are working blind.
We need a much better understanding of what you have and know to give good advice but I would suggest doing some research here by using the search function top right of your screen, also read the welcome to the forum thread and the safety one before you do anything else.

kernels said:
So I guess this is indicative of what will happen if we stop telling newbies to stop, read and research. Threads that don't get any responses.
I'm not sure I understand your post. I thought Nick gave a very good response.

Dave

I agree Dave, Nick's response was helpful for the information given.

If the poster comes back with specifics then the thread can have some value, if he doesn't, it isn't for lack of trying.

What I meant was, this morning when I looked at the post, it had 60 views with 1 reply, in the meantime it has picked up another 50 or so views, and the only discussion we will have is regarding the answers we provide to bad questions.

I guess one useful reply is better than 20 replies that tells the poster to go study and ask better questions, but still, the number of views to number of replies ratio was not very good.

Many members come to the forum daily and look at all new posts. Should they all post as a way of saying "I was here"? I much prefer members who can contribute useful information to post and those that choose not to, just pass. This isn't marketing, we don't calculate a capture rate or ROI for posts!

Back